Off Topic Charter Captains Expert Panel (I didn't approve the word "expert") April 11th at the Bluewater Anglers AGM.

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I didn't say anything about being expert... maybe the other guys are, I'm just lucky.

333446752_225583546519674_7808857540458130425_n.jpg

LoL ! "Experts" come in many definitions ; a person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area or basically if you know more than the other guy you are an expert ? Then there is the hours applied to becoming an expert in whatever field ; 20-25,000 hours but more common is 10,000 hrs. to be deemed an expert but then again there is 3 levels of expertise ; Novice, Intermediate and Expert.

I figure if someone is giving advice ... take it , as it does have a Best Before Date if not heeded.

Best definition of expert : A has been drip under pressure.... ex-spurt

One persons expert is another persons rookie. I do not believe there are any experts in the art of fishing. You may go out one day and just slay the fish and go out the next day and look like a novice. I have been fishing the Great lakes since I was 4 years old and have run a charter business for over 30 years until I retired at 62. I am now 68 and still fish all the time in my little 18 foot Legend. I am very lucky most times but do not call myself an expert. It comes down to knowing what you are fishing for, their habits, water temp, trolling speed etc. The more hours you spend on the water the better you will get at catching fish. If it was always that easy they would call it CATCHING and not FISHING.

Attachments

• charter boat1.jpg
    charter boat1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 28
  • leg1.jpg
    leg1.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 26
  • trophy23.jpg
    trophy23.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thirty years running a charter ? In my book you would classify as an expert there Scrimmy !
Thanks for the compliment Old Cut LongPointer, but I stick to my assumption that nobody is an expert in the art of fishing. I was/am an expert Tractor Trailer Technician and certified welder in all metal and all modes in Tig, Mig Fluxcore and stick. I diagnose the problem and then repair it 100 % of the time as peoples lives depend on it. I was also an Expert when I was in College and had to do a Co-Op with Dillon Engineering. I worked on the bridge across the coves on Springbank Dr. as a Civil Engineering Tech. Must of done pretty good as it is still standing, lol. I am a pretty good fisherman as most of my customers did come back again and again but an expert is a little much.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks