Fishing Report Early Spring Salmon on the southern basin Lake Huron article in Great Lakes Scuttlebutt Magazine by yours truly.

I am just finishing up building a cottage in Kettle point. When I am putting the finishing touches on it next month I will have to bring my boat along for when we call it quits for the day. I got a slip at the KP marina last year but never even put the boat in cause I ended up trailering it all over southern Ontario. I even hit Port Franks once

I am just finishing up building a cottage in Kettle point. When I am putting the finishing touches on it next month I will have to bring my boat along for when we call it quits for the day. I got a slip at the KP marina last year but never even put the boat in cause I ended up trailering it all over southern Ontario. I even hit Port Franks once
R&R Marina does have its advantages, there are lots of unique fishing opportunities on that side of KP, especially early spring, much easier access to Bluepoint area fishing. On the other hand, it's a long way to get to the Port Franks side of the point, which also has a lot of awesome fishing opportunities.
Either way, the Southern Basin is an amazing fishery which is often overlooked.

I was speaking with the ‘copper blues’ fishing guide outta R&R and he pointed me in the right direction. Only problem is that after 10/12 hours of building I just wanted to shower and eat then go to bed. I stayed up in KP usually 3/4 nights a week in July/Aug. The only way I got fishing was too set aside one day every week and not build but fish but I always ended up trailering to Erie or Ontario. It’s like anything. I live on the maitland river but rarely ever fish it cause ‘it’s just there’ and apparently I prefer what’s on the other side of the fence!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks