Rotisserie chicken dinner

Octavius Brine

This one was from last week, just getting to posting. I’m not sure I do anything that special. It’s old bay seasoning and the big burner behind it does the work of making it crispy.

Maybe you all don’t do this- the tray of potatoes and veggies cooking in chicken fat beneath! It makes them so good. If there’s any left they make a good breakfast with eggs, and you don’t even have to oil the frying pan. 591CD005-B97E-4962-8DF0-35832356B651.jpeg

oh to be young again, can't do the fried much any more but I love the chicken, looks great!!!

Just use the rear burner or did you have to turn the side ones on too?

Haha. I was going to make a joke in the first post- sometimes my gall bladder really can't handle too many of those veggies., it comes and goes. But it works out well for my wife! I am too young for those problems :rolleyes:

Don't trust the photo for the burner settings. I do the lowest setting below the veggies (and stir them periodically!), medium on the left and right burners and full power on the rear rotisserie burner. I preheat on full power all around. I don't really trust the BBQ temp thermometers much, but I do think it is fairly accurate and its 450F and higher.

The good thing about the rotisserie- if the skin is perfect but the inside is a bit raw, you just shut the back burner down and let it cook through like in a low oven and re-crisp the skin on high at the end.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks