Off Topic Heads Up, take the batteries out.

hvyhaul

Not my fishing stuff, my temp/humidity stuff.

I let a humidor go idle a while back and the batteries went dead, leaked and corroded the contacts and wires in the hygrometer.

Took an old unused remote apart and replaced the corroded stuff.

This would have been upsetting if any of my current fishing stuff was affected or damaged as all of it is worth a lot more to replace.

If something sits unused for extended periods of time, do yourself a favour, take the batteries out.🌻

atta boy, and you can loose a lot of money there if you don't keep the humidity correct, but this sounds like it was a spare and not in use at all.

atta boy, and you can loose a lot of money there if you don't keep the humidity correct, but this sounds like it was a spare and not in use at all.

Once set up properly, there is very little maintenance.

It was a display case humidor that I was given. Too much work compared to my other ones. LOL 🌻

When in doubt pull them out ? How true that is. Doesn't matter what type of battery, if you are not going to use it pull the batteries out and/or store them in a very dry location. I like to repurpose those little stay dry packets you get sometimes in a new purchase.

This kind?
a-hemp-leaf-cannabis-cigar-v0-lpo4qozal41a1.jpg

Aficionado here. I’ve successfully rehydrated cigars and they always come out okay. We’re not talking about letting them dry out to dust, but if you forget to add water for a few months and the humidity drops to average household humid (like 45-50%), just gradually add humidity to bring it up to 68%, give it time to restabilize and the cigars will mostly be good as new. Slow is the key otherwise they’ll split and do weird things.

Yep leaking batteries have ruined some of my crap. I try to pull them as soon as they die. I usually buy name brand and have had them leak. Sucks in a flashlight but would really be a bad day if it's your 300$ temp probe

When in Cuba I believe the name of my favourite was Romeo&Julietta #6 , kind of mid size cigar ? An old trick is to put a piece of apple in with your tobacco , somehow it rehydrates the dried out stuff and pretty quick too !

I guess I'm fortunate, I've never had to rejuvenate cigars.

I found the issue due to putting a couple humidors back into service. I'm adding cigars on my trip and will need more space once home.

The repaired meter is reading within 1% of the other so I figure it's good to go. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks