Port bolster questions

Bambam1987

I have never been ice fishing on lake simceo was thinking about going to Port bolster. Whats the parking like I will have my truck and trailer With the quad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone. If I go I will post a report

There was some parking on the ice ...small area plowed . ...but there was Crack thru the middle of it .. snow was kinda deep outside plowed area ....I almost got stuck checking it out.

We paid 10$ to park at Casey's ice huts .....and there is room for several trucks and trailer s trailer might cost more

We drove past thorah Park and there were 2 free parking spots there with lots of room

Call Casey's Fish Hut, they are great people and could probably help you out or direct you to where you need to go. I fished that area about 10 years ago, parked at some park and launched from there....sorry can't remember exactly where though. I would travel a little farther and head to Beaverton, lots of parking there and usually better fishing.

I'll be there tomorrow too. Planning to park truck/trailer at Taj, buy minnows and say hi, maybe some advice. I am nervous parking on the ice.

ended up at Casey's, paid $25 for the car/trailer/minnows. I heard horror stories about trailers disappearing around the lake when not secured properly.

We are out past Casey's huts in 27' lots of fish on screen first thing. Not much going on now

The time two of us went to P Bolster, Bob's was who was used. Do they even exist now?

Wanted to stay out overnight but he wouldn't have it do to a storm coming.

Came by a number of times to see how it was going, did we need more minnows etc.

Caught more smelt than anything else that day.🌻

Finished the day with 20 jumbo didn't keep anything smaller 9 inches had a couple of 13s. Talk to some other guys and they didn't get anything. I was told it was a slow day. The MNR was out a couple of guys got fined for not having up to date fishing license. Hopefully the weather hold up so I can go next Saturday again.

There was some parking on the ice ...small area plowed . ...but there was Crack thru the middle of it .. snow was kinda deep outside plowed area ....I almost got stuck checking it out.

We paid 10$ to park at Casey's ice huts .....and there is room for several trucks and trailer s trailer might cost more

We drove past thorah Park and there were 2 free parking spots there with lots of room
Want to go ice fishing there tomorrow, wonder is it still good ice to go?
And BTW parking at thorah Park is free for now?
Thanks!

I walked out about 1km and we had 10 inches of ice. Then made a move out to 3km and still had 10-11inches of ice. We parked at caseys for 10 bucks it's a safe bet

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks