Fishing Report Simcoe Perching - West Side

Centerspin

Went off Gilford this morning. Lots of people,some machines out, operator huts out, ice is smooth and about 7". Tried 22 ft, not much, went deeper past huts. Some more decent perch with mixed in dinks. Very finicky bite. Had to keep those with tongue out. Switched to a tingsten jig with a microplastic. Got something very heavy and active. First thought it was a herring but no, a big whitefish. I handbombed it to the hole and my friend helped me land it bare hands. Big thanks to him from me. A piece of smoked wf is his soon.
Stayed till 3 pm and packed home. About 7 jumbo or close to, about dozen dinks or close to and a whitie.
No complaints here;).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122-175708.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122-175708.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20230122-175613.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122-175613.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20230122-175753.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122-175753.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 123
Glad to hear we went to coochiching last week did ok but i was glad to see hotbox huts said they were out in full swing gilford and cooks bay are closer to home

Nice thanks for the report. Going to make my way down there in the next cpl weeks. This no snow winter has been great for outside work I haven’t even put the tracks on the atv. Will do this week!

I went to cooks bay a few times last year parked at the marina and walked down the road to the ice i was wondering if you think id be able to get a snowmobile out that way this year? I dont really rember how it all looked down there

I went to cooks bay a few times last year parked at the marina and walked down the road to the ice i was wondering if you think id be able to get a snowmobile out that way this year? I dont really rember how it all looked down there
Guilford entrance just down from the marina has metal pole barricades to prevent a car or truck but opening big enough for a quad or sled.

Thanks apreciate the response still tryi g to figur if im doing gilford or the cooch sautrday
If you go to Gilford use these $10 guys (Cooks bay marina), there was one truck with a trailer there. We first wanted to park on a side st behind the marina where it was ok to park for free last year, Saw some signs and decided just to pay $10. My friend later saw on FB a picture of a $120 parking ticket from there saying "for illegal parking within 1km of lake Simcoe". wtf?

Yeah we used the marina last year they told up to that if your an early morning fisher you can pay ahead of time or let them know and arrange a money drop plus we fiahed untill night last year and they dont lock you in i also heard thru the grape vine that one of the neighbpurs will shuttle you out if hes around with his mechine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks