Fishing Report Came out of hibernation for a day

Trevor M

Like the title of the thread says, I was convinced to come out of hibernation for a day, and I'm glad I did. I wasn't going to post, but changed my mind.

I received a message last night from @tailfeathers inviting me to come out of hibernation for a day and go out for perch with him in LPB. Talked to my wife to see if we had any plans for today, and let her know why I was asking. She told me to go since I've been quite busy around here lately with home and vehicle repairs, plus other errands that I needed to run, and hadn't been fishing since the end of July or early August and as I had all these other things that required my attention, I had gone back into hibernation, earlier than planned. As usual, she didn't have to tell me twice, so just for today, I came out of hibernation, and as usual when I get out with Tom, I had a blast, lots of laughs, and caught some fish.

Met up at 8:30am, picked up our fishin partners on our way to I think it was Collins we launched out of and got some minnows. This was only the second time I've fished LPB, so today I learned where the commonly referred to landmarks of the area are, ie Pottohawk, EC 10, Bait Island etc from an on the water perspective I didn't have since it is very rare for me to go to LP for any reason. Threw back so many itty bitty ones I lost count, but it was close to if not more than what we kept, and while I'm not entirely certain of our total catch today, I came home with 25, and think that the others had about the same. (there were 4 of us)

Thanks for convincing me to come out of hibernation for a day and taking me out and Tom.:D Was able to replenish what I gave away to one of the neighbors a little over a week ago. Back in hibernation now. Have a safe fall and winter everyone, see ya in the spring.;):)

I'm glad you came out today Trevor M. It was a day to remember as you don't get days like this at the end of October. Wilson catching that big stump out in the middle of the bay was pretty cool. That thing looked super antique. Enjoy your hibernation.

Attachments

• 20221029_152133.jpg
    20221029_152133.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20221027_154028.jpg
    20221027_154028.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 109
  • 20221029_152144.jpg
    20221029_152144.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20221029_152155.jpg
    20221029_152155.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 113
Glad you got out trevor m i was out there also was a beauty dayi kept 24

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks