Warm enough to 💨 one?

I only tie them if it helps the finished product look pretty or to even out the shape so there’s no fat end and skinny end (like on a pork loin, where the skinny end gets overdone). If it’s gonna be pulled pork, just fire it on there.

i gotta be careful with pork other then bacon and sausage... That looks real good though... :p

Likely to late, but nope, never tied a butt for the smoker.

Always pulled them to shreds so presentation didn't matter. 🌻

Concern is that thin parts will dry out too much... we put it to a vote and @Mrs. Stomp 's motion to tie it up carried... and by a wide margin!

That looks great with the rub and should turn out beautiful .... let us know and don't forget to let it rest once out of the smoker for additional tenderness.
Should be an awesome result!! Makin me hungry. :)

Getting up early to cook the butt! I was watching Matt Pittman’s Mexican pulled pork video. We had already applied the rub, so we didn’t add the hot sauce as a binder, but that sure looked good. I think pulled pork tacos might still be on the menu for tomorrow.

Ok @jammer, you got me flummoxed… 🤔do you know something about pork butt that I don’t know?😁
Pork roast, chops, butt and pulled pork are a no go with me... Makes my stomach feel like it's in a vice...

I can do one meal of pork tender loin or ribs or schnitzel but I can eat my weight in bacon or sausage... 🤔

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks