Perch Fishing Inner Bay on Sunday

Bigdaver

I took my wife and two kids out fishing for perch on Sunday at their request. We stocked up with shiners and headed out of the park to try in 6-8' of water. We had to use 2 anchors to slow the drift down due to the high winds in the middle of the bay. Fished 2 hours without even a sniff. I decided that if there weren't any perch around, we might as well try trolling for Pike. Good call. I started trolling around 4:00 PM and within 15 minutes we had 2 nice little pike in the boat. My wife, daughter and son caught the first pike of their fishing careers Sunday. My daughter lucked out and landed 2 by the end of the day herself. I lucked out and got to video tape my 4 year old reeling in his first pike. So it was a great day all around. We packed it in around 5:30pm and had gone 4 for 4 on pike. We trolled surprisingly slow around 2.1 MPH in 6 -10' FOW in the inner bay. I ran Berkly hit sticks about 35' behind the boat. I kept it slow to stay above the weeds in the shallow water. It worked for the most part. Our best colors were perch and orange and gold. We only trolled to channel markers out by the edge of the outer bay and back to EC10.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 135
Well done dad and good call!! Turned a bad day into a good one, made some great memories and definitely put a smile on the kids faces!!! That there is what it's all about!!!

Nice recovery an a bust perch outing Bigdaver. Soon you'll have them fighting to run the boat and you'll be in a few more of the pictures. I'd say the pike weren't the only ones "hooked" by the looks and sounds of it!👍

Nice recovery an a bust perch outing Bigdaver. Soon you'll have them fighting to run the boat and you'll be in a few more of the pictures. I'd say the pike weren't the only ones "hooked" by the looks and sounds of it!👍
It’s true Reel-ist… they are all die hard fisher folk for sure. I had them all out last fall in winter coats, wooly hats and mittens last year late season perching. As cold as it was they lived pulling perch up 2 at a time.😃

Attachments

• FFABDDB0-EBE2-482D-81BB-F6EFAF76CFB7.jpeg
    FFABDDB0-EBE2-482D-81BB-F6EFAF76CFB7.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 50CAF12C-7216-4B0E-8573-88D0E1CD34AF.jpeg
    50CAF12C-7216-4B0E-8573-88D0E1CD34AF.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 69
Nice! Hold onto and exploit that as long as you can man. Soon they will be teenagers. And then...naw, I shouldn't spoil the surpise.😏 Hopefully it will repeat itself for this year, and a few more to come at least. There were some nice fat jumbos in those photos cap'n. Keep those coming!👍

I took my wife and two kids out fishing for perch on Sunday at their request. We stocked up with shiners and headed out of the park to try in 6-8' of water. We had to use 2 anchors to slow the drift down due to the high winds in the middle of the bay. Fished 2 hours without even a sniff. I decided that if there weren't any perch around, we might as well try trolling for Pike. Good call. I started trolling around 4:00 PM and within 15 minutes we had 2 nice little pike in the boat. My wife, daughter and son caught the first pike of their fishing careers Sunday. My daughter lucked out and landed 2 by the end of the day herself. I lucked out and got to video tape my 4 year old reeling in his first pike. So it was a great day all around. We packed it in around 5:30pm and had gone 4 for 4 on pike. We trolled surprisingly slow around 2.1 MPH in 6 -10' FOW in the inner bay. I ran Berkly hit sticks about 35' behind the boat. I kept it slow to stay above the weeds in the shallow water. It worked for the most part. Our best colors were perch and orange and gold. We only trolled to channel markers out by the edge of the outer bay and back to EC10.
It looks like you guys ended up having a good outing.
I can't believe the uncanny likeness of your wife and kids! They look alot like the wife and kids of a guy that fishes out of Port Bruce in the summer that goes by the nickname "Mailman". I wonder if Mailman knows some guy is taking his wife and kids out fishing with him?

It looks like you guys ended up having a good outing.
I can't believe the uncanny likeness of your wife and kids! They look alot like the wife and kids of a guy that fishes out of Port Bruce in the summer that goes by the nickname "Mailman". I wonder if Mailman knows some guy is taking his wife and kids out fishing with him?
Hmmm… I think I should be more concerned why my kids look like the mailman!😂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks