Gales of November come early?

click on some of the buoys in superior and michigan around the areas forecasted with the largest waves.. some of them have cams on them pretty cool to see

Where would I find those cams @Derkd9 ? Just did a quick search, found nothing

Enough to make a fella hug his mixing bowls and kiss his cookie sheets @Merkinbrumsky ?
You have no idea @stomp . One of my first jobs I sailed straight up the middle of superior In December with a Capt who “ doesn’t anchor for wind.” Even the 1000 footers were anchored. Only boat on the lake. Made it to Thunder Bay frozen up like a popsicle and put her in dry dock for 5 year hull inspection. Found out later there was a massive crack in the welds where the stern met the cargo hold section.🤮

Last edited:
click on some of the buoys in superior and michigan around the areas forecasted with the largest waves.. some of them have cams on them pretty cool to see
1666121619529.png
Did this one sink?

Jaysus, did mutiny cross your mind @Merkinbrumsky ?
@stomp I was pretty green at the time and unaware of the relative danger. Initially I thought we were badass, until later that night I saw a bunch of experienced crew unrolling their survival suits in the hallway. I sailed with that skipper a few times. Wild Bill they called him. Came out of retirement after the Bre X stock crash. Had zero F@cks to give. He had a rule where he refused to work after dark..lol. I was a green third mate piloting all the rivers on my own…sh@tting bricks too..lol. Not many like him left.

I'm guessing not Merkinbrumsky, they're all on the bottom, unfortunately they likely didn't go alone.😢 That's a chilling tale in more ways than one. Thank goodness you lived to tell it.👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks