Last week BC sturgeon.

Real Therapy

Got a bucket list fish last week.Fishing with Sturgeon Slayers charters on the Fraser River.10.5 ft long with a 4ft girth 600 plus pounds and took 2hrs to land.We microchipped the fish and revived it .Probably a 100 yrs old.A real dinosaur. Biggest and strongest fish I've caught to date.My arms were sore for days.im glad I go to the gym daily.
It was my wife's turn on the rod when the fish hit the bait.She hung on for dear life and then got pulled to the back of the boat.The guide and I grabbed her just before she went for a swim.No chair of harness on the boat this was a stand-up fight.it was one of 7 fish over 10ft that our guide has seen in 15 yrs so we got very lucky.

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpg
    IMG_5235.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 141
Say RT: Just curious how big it would have to be for a North American record for that species? :unsure: It's hard to imagine hand-cranking something bigger than that in.

That is one heck of a Sturgeon.....usually you see monsters like that with about 5 people shoulder to shoulder holding them head to tail. Amazing catch and yes congrats......fish of a lifetime.:)

Been out there a handful of times and sturgeon fishing is always a blast! I would recommend it to any fisherperson who's never tried. Never got or seen any near that size though,, thats one of a lifetime! Your guide wasn't named Jay by chance with that Custom Weld?

Been out there a handful of times and sturgeon fishing is always a blast! I would recommend it to any fisherperson who's never tried. Never got or seen any near that size though,, thats one of a lifetime! Your guide wasn't named Jay by chance with that Custom Weld?
Yes Jay Gibson great guy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks