Fishing Report What a difference a day makes.

hvyhaul

Slept in cuz no plans.

Sitting having my first cup of coffee and the phone rings.

The Neighbour, "hey it looks good, do you want to go?"

Me, "huh say what?"

The Neighbour, repeats

Me, "ya ok"

The Neighbour, "so and so wanted to go out in his boat but not happening, gonna see if he still wants to go.

Me," ya ok"

Shortly thereafter three are heading to Burwell later than we ever have in years.

Short story, there are far too many sheephead in Lake Erie, but there are also a crazy amount of very small walleye grabbing onto lures half their size which is good for the future.

Long story, not gonna happen.

Eighteen quality walleye ended up in the box.

091622.jpg

One rod, dipsy on zero put the vast majority into the boat and box. Ran it at 115, 105, & 95 depending on depth and it caught at all lengths back.

Two lures did the damage, a Nasty Boy and a Silver Streak spoon.

Have to remember these two lures for the future.

It was bumpy but worth the time and effort. 🌻

Slept in cuz no plans.

Sitting having my first cup of coffee and the phone rings.

The Neighbour, "hey it looks good, do you want to go?"

Me, "huh say what?"

The Neighbour, repeats

Me, "ya ok"

The Neighbour, "so and so wanted to go out in his boat but not happening, gonna see if he still wants to go.

Me," ya ok"

Shortly thereafter three are heading to Burwell later than we ever have in years.

Short story, there are far too many sheephead in Lake Erie, but there are also a crazy amount of very small walleye grabbing onto lures half their size which is good for the future.

Long story, not gonna happen.

Eighteen quality walleye ended up in the box.

View attachment 66021

One rod, dipsy on zero put the vast majority into the boat and box. Ran it at 115, 105, & 95 depending on depth and it caught at all lengths back.

Two lures did the damage, a Nasty Boy and a Silver Streak spoon.

Have to remember these two lures for the future.

It was bumpy but worth the time and effort. 🌻
@hvyhaul what color lures, how deep of water, were you east, was the water cold, was the sky blue, how big were the waves, was the clicker on or off??? Lol Nice job my friend

Nice looking box there @hvyhaul
Jammer and I had a grind as well but good to see they are still there with some work finding them. Those aggressive little dinks are a super sign for the future years. I have fished Erie for years and never seen as many aggressive smaller eyes.
Glad your late morning worked out for you guys. 👍

RBR
(John)

It's been a great first retirement season.

On a hunch I took a couple of litres of 2-stroke oil down yesterday and it was a good decision, the reservoir was getting close to "oh no". :eek: :banghead:

If the next trip is to bring the boat home, I'll be okay with it, I'll just sit out back and watch these little creatures until they disappear until next year.

The Wife took this while I was on Erie yesterday. 🌻

hummer.jpg

Nice haul ..what depth of water where you working ?..Went on a few posts 51-55 ft only ended up with 3 pics ..

Nice haul ..what depth of water where you working ?..Went on a few posts 51-55 ft only ended up with 3 pics ..

Biggest deal for us was a lure change.

Started in 59 when to 64, East West for a bit in 63. Trolled East shallower to 61, then turned and trolled toward port.

There were a lot of lure changes, never found a cooperative group of fish for a multiple catch.

When the correct lure went on the zero dipsy the fish were steady. I had a second one, always buy in pairs, but it didn't go on. 🌻

Thanks wasn't deep enough .. figured soo was marking lots of fish ...did pick up this dandy though !!

I think the lines were pulled at 49 or 50 when the last quality walleye hit the net.

Fish marks were almost everywhere, bait was harder to find, but it really didn't matter, eager takers were no where to be found. Random small and sheep were the most eager to bite.

Once the correct lure hit the water it was, pic, pause, pic pause and so on. It didn't attract sheephead, only walleye small and desired. 🌻

Back