Fishing Report Last trip to Burwell???

hvyhaul

Was down to Burwell today.

Ran east shallow, set up in 40s due to marks, small, very small, so turned and headed out.

One keeper so kept heading south hoping for the switch to turn on.

Got out to 58 and bang. This is good, nice 5 and change walleye, and then we waited, changed direction and waited more, a lot more.

Erie started at 2 footers, built to 4-5 footers dropped to 1.5 and then back to 2+ footers by the end.

Everything that was caught was caught in the east.

5 walleye, 2 keepers, a late escapee perch, a silver bass and a sheephead.

Covered a lot of water today, I was going put up today's path until I looked at all my waypoints so nope.

Trolled shallow to deep, 60s and then angled shallower back across in front of Burwell to a ways west and shallow again 49ft.

Hooks in most areas, bait not so much.

Changed a lot of baits nothing appeared convincing.

Here's the calm of the day.

waves2day.jpg

Here's the catch of the day.

2today.jpg

Nice clean cooler today, total overkill size wise. LOL

While buttoning down the boat I hear, @hvyhaul , @hvyhaul , @hvyhaul, @hvyhaul I turn and it's @tailfeathers passing by. He asked how we did, I told him, he said how he did, but didn't clarify whether it was number of fish or limits. LOL

Might be the last fishing trip, maybe one more next week depending on what I hear or what the weather does.

"Covered a lot of water today, I was going put up today's path until I looked at all my waypoints so nope."
Awwww. Come on.. no secrets between friends :D

Beaut day to be out. I'm hoping for a few more before the boat goes away. Thanks for the report!

We had a very similar day. Fished from 1:00 till 6:00 with only a couple of walleye to show for it but it was a beautiful day. We also covered 50 ft to 65 ft of water, marks everywhere and very few fish that were interested in our offerings. Time to load up for the muskies I think.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks