Just a “heads-up” for Bronte boat ramp and parking

Was there on Saturday at the parking lot and got out to a stink so bad it was sickening. 2 Salmon Gutted and thrown into the bushes and garbage can about 10ft away... Problem... Think So :banghead::mad::eek:(n)

Was there on Saturday at the parking lot and got out to a stink so bad it was sickening. 2 Salmon Gutted and thrown into the bushes and garbage can about 10ft away... Problem... Think So :banghead::mad::eek:(n)
Ya can’t say the fisherman haven’t ruined it. Guys bleed fish on the pier where everyone walks then cops get called to a “murder scene”…the parking lot stunk when I was there also.

Was there on Saturday at the parking lot and got out to a stink so bad it was sickening. 2 Salmon Gutted and thrown into the bushes and garbage can about 10ft away... Problem...

It’s still a gong-show on the pier. The shore fisherman are “a little out there” at bronte.

I don’t blame “Oakville” for shutting down the disrespectful mess on the park side…. I’m sure they will shut it down on the west pier as well soon.

But no excuse to damage private property in the form of boat trailers or vehicles.

It happened to me. I thought it was an accident. Now that I know someone is breaking them on purpose upsets me This was Saturday afternoon when I got back from fishing. I got it fixed.
Some bturd did this to me a few years ago up north. Smacking it triggered my dash cam and got a good shot of him and his vehicle. Left him a note to cough up $ for new led lights or opp would be watching video.
He came by camp with a bs excuse and $. Never talked to me again.

I had a bud who fished Lake O a lot and had this type of trouble with sailboats when he was fishing. One got within feet of him under full sail..and he was ready. Amazing what putting a 12g flare into a sail does to get your point across. Personally, I would use 12g slugs in my response...
..and yes, this is aboard.... 1663079805421.png

people will act tough until they are staring down the barrel of a firearm.

Happening for many years is right and the suspected deal years ago was the group of sail boaters in bronte harbour that hate fisherman and don't want them there. You have to remember its Oakville where they passed bylaws so you can't even fish the river in the park. Not sure if it's as bad as it used to be but they for sure used to play games out on the open water seeing how close they could go past fishing boats cutting off lines, hitting downrigger arms, etc. Police were involved many, many times but not very often charges laid. It was so blatant you could change course over and over to try stay away from them and they'd adjust course to keep coming at you.
Yup wind fairies...radical bunch ..they own the wind and waves 🙄..and now parking lots 😡

I'm going to chime in here as much as I probably shouldn't
First off under sail power they have the rigth of way regardless you trolling or just pleasure cruising
Secondly I have friends/ know people who sail and I can tell you they nice people and would not do things like stated in some posts
I'm not defending the sailing world far from it as I had some bad experiences with sailboats
all these occasions it was not done on purpose but rather negligence, for example nobody on top side and at the helm , they did wave a apology gesture
I find on both side powerboat and sailboat captain can be rude and ignorant thinking they more important than anyone else
Lastly I have to admit to that I find sailboat people people are more likely to be snubs
Also aldo they do have the rigth of way still must do everything in their power to avoid collision
I hope I didn't offend anyone

It is not just a fall problem at Bronte, trailers and vehicles get tampered with in the spring summer and fall. Plus the parking just sucks no matter how you look at it.. Not saying no one should go there but just beware of these issues.

I fished out of Bronte years ago and had two sailboats literally crowding me. With four lines in the water and using the kicker motor, how do you give them the right of way?

Makes me laugh how these sailboats never run into each other, only come close to fishermen. They have more control then they let on, they have races out of Oakville 30 sailboats racing not one problem. Yet one fisherman out in the bluezone by himself and they cant steer around him..

Makes me laugh how these sailboats never run into each other, only come close to fishermen. They have more control then they let on, they have races out of Oakville 30 sailboats racing not one problem. Yet one fisherman out in the bluezone by himself and they cant steer around him..
I only sailed for a couple years as a teenager I was in a sailing club out of Port Dalhousie.... but during those couple years I gained a little bit of experience.. enough to know.... In the open lake there is no excuse coming close to colliding with a fishing boat... in the channel with head to wind I could see it being difficult if the boat under motor power isn't giving you the right of way. You'd have to tack back and fourth the whole way up the channel to get out into the open water and not a whole lot of room to work with.... but that was also with the small sailboats we were learning in.... the boats everyone is referring too are likely large and have a motor for getting out of the marina down the channel and into the open water

They can be a hard bunch i got into it with a guy in portmaitland theres a sail boat dock in the river by the lake and me my buddy and his girl friend where out in the canoe and just comming up to the boats i seen two things go off the side i says to bud that guy just threw garbage out there eh he thought it was some kind of cleaner so we went over to invesigate and sure as shit it was 2 emptys a bud bottle and a molson can so i netted them and got over towards his boat and said in a respectfull way hey buddy i think you droped these eh and looks up at me and goes F off well im not the guy to say that too i went off on him other boaters started coming over to see what the fuss was i was gunna toss the bottle back at him and take a window out but i dont want the glass in the water or him to get ahold of it and throw it back at us possably hitting the lady but i was furious he still parks theres now 3 maybe 4 years latter still boils my bones to see that boat

One thing to be aware of as well, is that on weekends and evenings, often the sailboats are in races. These can be short races, where the course is pretty clear and localized and you can generally see the markers they are aiming for, or with the bigger boats, sometimes the points are dozens of miles apart or are transit races between two ports. In these cases, the skippers are generally going to try to hold their course as they are competing where a boat length at the end of a day can make the difference between winning and losing. If they are following tight to the wind, it will actually look like they are weaving around and being eratic, but in reality, the wind gusts and moves and they are just trying to maximize their speed.

Best best always is to just be heads up and make clear indications of direction as early as possible.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks