Fishing Report Glasgow Sept. 9th

Launched the boat just after 7:00 AM and headed out to 65 fow. Trolled to 72 fow and had nothing but sheep and bass. Pulled up lines at just after 9:00 AM and headed for port. Off to Lake Simcoe next Friday for some small mouth action with my son and his daughter and wife and of course my wife as well. Think I will put the Legend away for the winter when I get back. The Fishhawk was telling me all kinds of temps at 42 feet from 70 down to 55 and every where in between. Lake is turning that's for sure.
Nobody was getting much of anything except loads of sheep and silvers. I guess we were just lucky we caught what we did but that's the worst fishing I've experienced at this time of year. Good luck at Simcoe catch some fish and have a safe trip! :)

Nobody was getting much of anything except loads of sheep and silvers. I guess we were just lucky we caught what we did but that's the worst fishing I've experienced at this time of year. Good luck at Simcoe catch some fish and have a safe trip! :)
I always find September starts to become the shits.. I imagine just as they migrate in a week give or take it be the same as on the way out could give or take a week??
Your historical data has you catching limits into Mid September?
I don’t have much of a historical data sheet myself.
Just know the last year I didn’t go out after the end of august because of Stella’s health decline and the year before that I went a couple times in September but the fishing went to shit but early September

My data shows 3rd week of September and then :poop:

I have one year into October but I only have info from 2016 on as that is the year I bought the boat and first started fishing on Erie myself with The Neighbour. 😁

I had been a guest on a now late friend's boat a couple of times before that. 🌻

I always find September starts to become the shits.. I imagine just as they migrate in a week give or take it be the same as on the way out could give or take a week??
Your historical data has you catching limits into Mid September?
I don’t have much of a historical data sheet myself.
Just know the last year I didn’t go out after the end of august because of Stella’s health decline and the year before that I went a couple times in September but the fishing went to shit but early September
Not all Septembers are stellar but some years have been really good but I don't remember any this bad just over a week into the month. Some years when weather was good we did quite well even into October. Not limits but getting 8 or 10 walleye at that time of year is pretty good in my book. Last September we never got fishing once due to the winds that wouldn't stop. We had one good day to go but go figure we couldn't because I had a doctors appointment I couldn't cancel. :rolleyes:

I don’t have a “good” excuse… but I blame the stupid push button ignition lol
Never would of happened if I had to take a key out of the ignition 🤣

I was just excited to get fishing and went sprinting back to the boat
I hear you @Derkd9 ... I'm not saying the push button start hasn't got me at least once...

@Wave Runner ive talked to some people who fishing stanley west of the buoy is slower than east of the buoy... think the rich waters are almost straight south of bruce
@Wave Runner @Derkd9 @hvyhaul
Dad and brother went out port Bruce Friday. I was suppose to be aboard. With a bit of waves and a good plan, they went 12 sheepshead and no walleye… 62-68 fow . I wish I could go but my boy was sick this morning. The fish seem to be moving south. My Early morning meeting with dad left me saying GO DEEP…. but out of central basin it’s a long haul.
I’m a crop/turkey farmer. I can contest that in high risk agriculture areas, algae bloom plays a big part in the harvest this time of year. Thus the green and black go too coloured fishing baits. I will look for reports farther west for next week or go for perch in the bay. 🌾 the perch will be hot soon 👍🏻

@Wave Runner @Derkd9 @hvyhaul
Dad and brother went out port Bruce Friday. I was suppose to be aboard. With a bit of waves and a good plan, they went 12 sheepshead and no walleye… 62-68 fow . I wish I could go but my boy was sick this morning. The fish seem to be moving south. My Early morning meeting with dad left me saying GO DEEP…. but out of central basin it’s a long haul.
I’m a crop/turkey farmer. I can contest that in high risk agriculture areas, algae bloom plays a big part in the harvest this time of year. Thus the green and black go too coloured fishing baits. I will look for reports farther west for next week or go for perch in the bay. 🌾 the perch will be hot soon 👍🏻
Amazing how one day makes a difference
I was out Thursday evening for about hour and half of trolling and caught 18 walleye kept 12 and tossed back 6 and 1 sheepshead.
Also @rcfire77 went to my spot Friday morning and banged off a 4 man limit
But as your father said go deep that’s where we were 2/3 the way to the border actually

I’m ready to switch gears tho
I was just saying in another thread I’d rather go out on a high note.

I hear you @Derkd9 ... I'm not saying the push button start hasn't got me at least once...
It’s risky… thankfully that day I had lots of gas in the tank… and I’m glad I didn’t remember while fishing it would of ruined my morning lmao

I don’t have a “good” excuse… but I blame the stupid push button ignition lol
Never would of happened if I had to take a key out of the ignition 🤣

I was just excited to get fishing and went sprinting back to the boat
On my Explorer if you get out of the vehicle with it running and shut the door it gives 2 loud blasts on the horn to remind you. I always forget whenever I step out the vehicle not to fully close the door at the community mail box and scare the heck out of not only whoever is there but myself also. They usually give me a dirty look as if I did it on purpose. :p I didn't know until the other day but it also does this. I was putting poles together when in line at the launch so I told Darren to pull the boat ahead as the line was moving but he wasn't moving. I said hey move ahead but he got out and said it won't go into gear. Because I was at the back of the boat with the remote in my pocket out of range it won't let you put it in gear. I thought that's a good feature because even if I did leave it running for some reason nobody can just jump in and drive off.

Last edited:
On my Explorer if you get out of the vehicle with it running and shut the door it gives 2 loud blasts on the horn to remind you. I always forget whenever I step out the vehicle not to fully close the door at the community mail box and scare the heck out of not only whoever is there but myself also. They usually give me a dirty look as if I did on purpose. :p I didn't know until the other day but it also does this. I was putting poles together when in line at the launch so I told Darren to pull the boat ahead as the line was moving but he wasn't moving. I said hey move ahead but he got out and said it won't go into gear. Because I was at the back of the boat with the remote in my pocket out of range it won't let you put it in gear. I thought that's a good feature because even if I did leave it running for some reason nobody can just jump in and drive off.
I must have some features shut off or something I don’t recall it ever blasting the horn at me when I get out and shut the door with it running

I must have some features shut off or something I don’t recall it ever blasting the horn at me when I get out and shut the door with it running
Actually it's a little annoying I should look and see if I can turn mine off. Mine goes off no matter what door you close. Even if you open the back door when the engine is running to get something out when you shut it off it goes unless someone is sitting in the drivers seat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks