Fat lady...

DaveJ

...has sung for me. Off to Maine next week, then back and start bowhunting..then off moose chasing for 2 weeks in Oct....so no time left this year.
Pulled the boat out of Erieau..2 f###in' days acid hull cleaning, power washing decks, walkaround, etc. Keeping the boat in the water has advantages, but every bird crapped on my boat, every spider took up residence and pooped, and I have no idea what was growing on the hull but it wasnt friendly. What a chore. Don't think Ill marina it next year...just trailer and launch.
Erieau has really slowed apparently..like other areas..except Erieau didnt seem to have the volume of walleye Glasgow to Burwell had. Lots of fish mind you, but not as hot as to the East. Different water I suppose.
Moose hunting is on the Onaman River on Lake Nipigon, and Ill have a full week to fish before moose....and the walleye should be thick...and pike...and whitefish...so some of the best is yet to come!!
Tight lines for the rest of you on Erie..Sept is beautiful!!

My favourite fishery, need to get back there some time, even if those last 43 ks take 2 hours,, especially if the grader hasn't been out for while, How did you manage to connect with Robert? A lot of us haven't been able to get through since COVID?
There was a post on of the pages I follow with a pic of an absolute beast of a spec his son caught last week.

You know Rob eh? A character...
We've been hunting there for 6 years? One of our guys spoke with him a couple weeks ago. He's hit or miss for sure. The walleye fishing in October is great...too bad specs are closed

You know Rob eh? A character...
We've been hunting there for 6 years? One of our guys spoke with him a couple weeks ago. He's hit or miss for sure. The walleye fishing in October is great...too bad specs are closed
Lol, yeah. I took a dozen sweet corn up last time. The old man didn't change but Rob opened up a bit. A little, tiny, bit

Nice! We did a couple years at O.R.R. 10 years ago. Covid seemed to shut it down. Fond memories of walking to the "walleye store" below the rapids in the spring. Good luck with the moose!

You needed one of these to pay you a visit while out on Erie.

This one spent over an hour hopping all over the boat picking and eating both live and passed away bugs. LOL 🌻

View attachment 65648
I had that same guy on my boat yesterday!! He had the tuft of wing on the left side ruffled. He picked to boat clean of bugs. We must have been close on the water. He jumped around the boat for maybe an hour. Pickin away. Landed on my shoulder and he/she had no fear. He sat on my shoulder and my fishing buddy said I was a “beginner pirate”….

I thought it was just our boat. Now I feel used….

Last edited:
You needed one of these to pay you a visit while out on Erie.

This one spent over an hour hopping all over the boat picking and eating both live and passed away bugs. LOL 🌻

View attachment 65648

I was docked beside a few large sailboats..and the birds loved to perch on their big masts...and loved to deliver bird bombs on my boat below. The least they could have done was spent some time eating the freaking spiders!!

Nice! We did a couple years at O.R.R. 10 years ago. Covid seemed to shut it down. Fond memories of walking to the "walleye store" below the rapids in the spring. Good luck with the moose!
Last year we didnt even need to hit the rapids. At the boat launch just before dusk the eyes showed up...literally a 2-3lb eye every cast. It was ridiculous...then a 10lb pike showed up...chaos..

Last year we didnt even need to hit the rapids. At the boat launch just before dusk the eyes showed up...literally a 2-3lb eye every cast. It was ridiculous...then a 10lb pike showed up...chaos..
You forgot to mention the hordes of bird sized mozzies ;) that show up at the same time the wallys swim in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks