Port Maitland Sept.8

gilfisher

We were on the water by 730ish out in 80 to 90 fow ..a bit more choppy than forecasted ๐Ÿ™„..anyway worked the area which has been very productive lately and trolled 4 hrs with only 1 in the box. I was disappointed to say the least. I decided to make a move in to 50 to 55 fow where I've done well in the past and nada . At this time it was close to noon and figured that's it were done but decided to make a move in closer to 40 to 45 fow in a triangle of ways points where we have done really well last year. I named it the triangle of happiness last year ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.. We started to troll right through the middle of it and bang on the rods and screen lit up ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. We ended up with 9 in the box plus a bonus jumbo perch within a couple hrs. Lost around 6 close to the boat and a big ugly farm animal which gave my father inlaw one hell of a fight ๐Ÿ˜„..bbq and watermelon harness running just off bottom was the ticket. ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽฃ

Attachments

• 20220908_154517.jpg
    20220908_154517.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220908_142151.jpg
    20220908_142151.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220908_154414.jpg
    20220908_154414.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220908_152610.jpg
    20220908_152610.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 86
congratulations on scoring again, perseverance did pay off
I was on port maitland water for about 4 hrs starting around 1100 am. was excited to see marks like in this pic. Not until I pulled out 5 huge farm animals in a row did I realize it was a fest for sheepheads only? disappointing...

Attachments

• 20220908_122200.jpg
    20220908_122200.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220908_123105.jpg
    20220908_123105.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 52
Now I don't know if I should go tomorrow or not. Been watching the wind I only have a 16' tiller but was looking and I think the early morning should be good tomorrow. Is it worth the gas in your opinion? I know I won't catch anything if I don't go but I have been washing lures all summer.

congratulations on scoring again, perseverance did pay off
I was on port maitland water for about 4 hrs starting around 1100 am. was excited to see marks like in this pic. Not until I pulled out 5 huge farm animals in a row did I realize it was a fest for sheepheads only? disappointing...
It's hard to say what you were marking there on bottom but I've seen that before and it was sheep that I caught as you did ๐Ÿค”..I find the eyes I can identify on the graph will be grouped up in 2 to 4 close but not bunched up on top of each other . For at least the last month or so I've been pretty much dragging bottom regardless of depth of water. I always run a 40 jet out the shoot looking for suspending eyes but on most occasions that's when sheep hit. ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽฃ

Attachments

• 20220818_104642.jpg
    20220818_104642.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 21
Now I don't know if I should go tomorrow or not. Been watching the wind I only have a 16' tiller but was looking and I think the early morning should be good tomorrow. Is it worth the gas in your opinion? I know I won't catch anything if I don't go but I have been washing lures all summer.
15 to 20k from the south I'm staying home a little to rough for my ass ๐Ÿ™„..๐Ÿป๐ŸŽฃ

Way to go Dave, I gave Erie a rest for a few days. I've done a couple days now, my best so far a 21 lb. King.
Man you now you have a fish on when you catch a King (y)
Nice catch ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.. ya I'm about to switch gears and go to Lake O...those kings are so much fun to catch ..battle bruisers ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Geez forgot to mention we ran into a fellow 68 member mrozbourne (Mike) on the river on the way in and had a chat hopefully he made out well ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽฃ
Hey Dave, just got back to town. Although I got skunked I did appreciate your advice. Just like you , I tried different depths but ...nada. Thursday is looking good again. If you're out and about and see my boat at my dock (it's the first one on the river when you exit the marina), stop in for a drink of some sort.

cheers

mike

Hey Dave, just got back to town. Although I got skunked I did appreciate your advice. Just like you , I tried different depths but ...nada. Thursday is looking good again. If you're out and about and see my boat at my dock (it's the first one on the river when you exit the marina), stop in for a drink of some sort.

cheers

mike
He's thx for the offer...I'm keeping an eye on the winds I'll pm you if heading out ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽฃ

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks