Ontario Monster Whitetails

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I am only gonna brag to the fellow members of 68 or ‘fishing tinder’ (as my 17 year old calls it) but the buck I arrowed last thanksgiving is in the current issue of the magazine. So if you get that magazine I am in it!! I have one this summer on camera in the same bush that is gonna give it a run for it’s money!!

Attachments

• B8D9548D-B286-4CD0-9930-B5E8A092BEC0.jpeg
    B8D9548D-B286-4CD0-9930-B5E8A092BEC0.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 149
Wow ! I swore if ever I got one that big I would do the same type of mount. That is a beauty ! We.ve had nice 8 and 10 pointers but overall size of the rack wasn't that big.

This guy has been hanging around

Attachments

• 41441CCA-8644-4D29-98A5-E2F100CEBA1B.jpeg
    41441CCA-8644-4D29-98A5-E2F100CEBA1B.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 82
Awesome @rcfire77 the Beasley's are great people as well. I had one of my bucks in the magazine years ago they are first class all the way around. Amazing buck and congrats! I will go grab a copy.

RT

I was up there for the king of the woods contest in June I believe. Both my wife and I were thoroughly impressed by the event they put on and even more by the interaction by the Beasley’s with all of us. The price package we received wasn’t too shabby either!

Beauty buck!

I've killed a lot of deer over the years and love my antler wall and all my stories. However, none of them would make a magazine appearance, I don't think. I've been involved in a couple of hunts that wound up in OMW but wasn't the shooter.

Now, my oldest lad is 12. He's done his courses so it is time for dad to play spectator. I've got lots of years of excuses ahead of me not to kill the big guy :LOL:

I have quite an antler and mount collection myself. So much that my wife put the brakes on it and I am now a member of a mount in and a mount out club. 6 in our living room with vaulted cathedral ceilings so I know we have room for way more but I am on a short leach with them so my newest mount saw it’s predecessor demoted to join 3 other mounts in the hunt camp…☹️. I shot a nice 11 point during rifle season that would have normally received the shoulder mount but with that one already at the taxidermist it just started to feel redundant.

I just clean up the skulls and put them in the shop. I think there are 20 or so in there. Quantity over quality :LOL: :LOL:

I likely have 20 as well. The last 10 years I've skinned and boiled and peroxided them to bone white. They are all screwed to my shed wall under a veranda. They used to sit in a pile upstairs and one day my wife encouraged me to hang them up. I'll see if I can find a picture.

We kinda did the same up in our hunt camp but only the ones since 2014. The ones I had before that weren’t shoulder mounted my wife cut the antlers off and made into some sort of antler bowl/crystal ball thing a ma jig?

Attachments

• 478A97CA-1A52-4179-8253-5E92F3030793.jpeg
    478A97CA-1A52-4179-8253-5E92F3030793.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 73
We kinda did the same up in our hunt camp but only the ones since 2014. The ones I had before that weren’t shoulder mounted my wife cut the antlers off and made into some sort of antler bowl/crystal ball thing a ma jig?
Awesome buck. Thanks for sharing. Some great pictures by everyone. Apparently we are all starting to think the upcoming season!

That’s a comfy looking hunt camp rcfire77.

I am only gonna brag to the fellow members of 68 or ‘fishing tinder’ (as my 17 year old calls it) but the buck I arrowed last thanksgiving is in the current issue of the magazine. So if you get that magazine I am in it!! I have one this summer on camera in the same bush that is gonna give it a run for it’s money!!
Beauty, what did he score?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks