Burwell the good(great) and the bad friday A.M.

lovetrout

fished sandhills 52-58fow....4 rods/2dispey/2-8colour w gibbs snaps. started just after six...worked the same area over and over had 9 eyes in the boat by 9 and lost a couple mid fight????not happy about that....Dipseys w rings #3setting out 110-130. Core out the back. All rods took fish. Busy enough put up the mast but did not put boards out!!! Ended up 11 eyes and 2 bows, couple of perch too. THE BUGS WERE DISGUSTING!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT. I DROVE BACK TO CALEDONIA AND THEY ARE STILL ALL OVER MY BOAT! THE FIRST PHOTO OF THE BOW....LOOK CLOSELY AT THE THOUSANDS OF WINGED ONES
bugs.jpg
bugs1.jpg bugs2.jpg
eye.jpg

Last edited:
Lovetrout,
I was out today as well with the bugs, when I got home I pulled the cowling of my Mercury 115 4 stroke and my filter was plugged solid with the bugs - I mean solid! Just a suggestion - you might want to have a look at yours.
Nice fishing too!

@lovetrout, I gave you a like for your report. I don't like you had 11 eyes and 2 Trout by days end and your complaining about bugs. I'll eat a pound of them for that haul!

Hey lovetrout, was out as well in the same area, managed 3 for 7.... But yes the sea fleas where incredible, I poured water over the main motor just to keep it cleared..... And today it took me almost 4 hrs too clean the boat of them....They didn't get into the breather but there was a lot laying dead around the lower cowling..... Never thought I'd see bugs like that out there...... But that's fishing and hey a couple lbs of fish was worth it....lol.....

yep...had a great day, but the bugs are the story i will tell 10 years from now...ok well that and the 11 eyes too!! I am going to clean the boat tomorrow and i expect it will take more than a few hours too. My buddy was out in the same area today and he only caught two....then again he is only half the fisherman i am......lol....jokes...he will read this too!!!!

yep...had a great day, but the bugs are the story i will tell 10 years from now...ok well that and the 11 eyes too!! I am going to clean the boat tomorrow and i expect it will take more than a few hours too. My buddy was out in the same area today and he only caught two....then again he is only half the fisherman i am......lol....jokes...he will read this too!!!!

Ohhhh boy......Tell him to clean your rig and you'll take him out and put him on the fish lol

That boat better be cleaned by the time I get home. Gonna have to use it Thursday, cause mine doesn't fill up with fish like yours.

still checkin in on vacation...atta boy...i like our gas bill better w your boat though. c ya thursday

Well... Maybe a bit less costly. But I like the way u do that Pied Piper thing and have the Eyes just jump in your boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks