Walleye at Elbow

Brokenwing

Hi guys. Heading to my trailer for the weekend and wondering if anybody is getting any Walleye and Rainbows from the Elbow to the lighthouse or Elbow to Nanicoke shoal? Thanks in advance for any info that will save a little time on searching.

Awesome. I'll be there on Saturday but my guests only want to go to the beach, so I'll likely only have a few hours to fish. I just want a rainbow or two for the smoker.

If I can somehow get my boat in the water I will be out there as well between elbow and lighthouse

Worm harnesses off the riggers 45-50 down and #1 dipseys, 50 down seems to be the ticket.

Last edited:
Body baits and spoons did it for us last week.

Attachments

• 4C8CFB07-D954-45E1-981C-44986F722C79.jpeg
    4C8CFB07-D954-45E1-981C-44986F722C79.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 26
Only managed three today and lost another three. First trip out this year, may be a little rusty. Bumpy ride out from St Williams this morning with the leftovers from the east wind but the lake laid down real nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817_171110_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817_171110_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 15
Never have fished out of Nanticoke...where is the best place to launch at say 6ish? Also, where do the shoal and lighthouse that are mentioned?
Is it long way out?

Weather looks good for Saturday...something I may like ti try. I usually go out of Maitland but haven't been very successful lately

Good morning, picked up 6 yesterday evening in the elbow, black and purple harness took 3 of the 6.

Good Luck.

Never have fished out of Nanticoke...where is the best place to launch at say 6ish? Also, where do the shoal and lighthouse that are mentioned?
Is it long way out?
The shoal is roughly miles out. best place to launch is Hoover in Nanticoke. Lighthouse is roughly 18 miles from Hoover's

Is it long way out?

Stomps lake Erie interactive map, found under maps at top of this page, doesn't seam to be working on my browser right now.
But the Navionics site chart viewer is also a good place to familiarize yourself with the water features off Nanticoke.
The shoal is marked with navigation buoys EA8 and EN2 for the ships coming into Stelco to go around.

Heading down friday afternoon so looking forward to your fishing report, keep us posted, good luck..

Started half way between the Elbow and lighthouse in 50 Fow and headed out to 90 towards the Elbow and picked up 2, both hit different color RRF's. Started the dipsy's at 90 and 110, then dropped them back a little further every 20-30 minutes and changed out a bunch of different colors of baits. Leadcores back 260 , 7 ish colors, worm harness hit nothing. Fish marking close to the bottom so put leadcore back 320, 8 colors and hit fish right away. Dropped the other one back to 320, put the dipsy's back 220 and started hooking up a few. 60- 70 FOW was best. Got 9 Walleye in the boat and lost 3 close to the boat. 4 silver bass and a bunch of sheephead. Purple, pink and white, color combination worked best. Heading out again this morning. Gonna start where we found them and work from there to locate them again and find the color of the day.

Thanks for the update @Brokenwing hoping to be out there this afternoon and evening.
I dont think I have ever put dipsys out that far, are you using a #0 size?

Went back to same spot and all those tails swam away. Lol. Screen empty, no bait fish, no other fish marks. Trolled around elbow area and got 4 Walleye and 1 sheephead. Good day fishing, poor day catching. Will try for perch along the north shore on Saturday. Wife is looking forward to a day on the boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks