Off Topic Today with my Grand daughter

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well it was me and Ruby today. She decided we should go to the beach because it has been a while since we went to the beach (yesterday) We started off in Port Bruce and swam a bit and then had hotdogs french fries and slushies for lunch. She decided the waves were too rough so off we went to Port Burwell and could not find any parking as it was packed. Back in the jeep and headed to Port Stanley
Luckily found parking and it was also packed. We swam for a couple hours and headed home after the stop at Shaw"s for ice cream first of course. I am now ready for bed but Ruby is ready for more.
May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

@scrimmy... A day out with a sweety granddaughter like her Wayne is worth a thousand fishing trips. 😁
Yes Bob I would take time with her over fishing every day. She is now 5 years old and we have a very close relationship. As I was going for a colonoscopy in Edmonton January 15th 2017 My Daughter in laws water broke at the same time I was going so both of us headed to the Gray Nuns Hospital in Edmonton. I was on the 4th floor and Kelsey was on the 5th. After my procedure I just went upstairs. Ruby got stuck and had to be pushed back up and a cesarian was performed. I was the first one to change Ruby's diaper and the first at a lot of things with her. Karen and I usually babysit her all week as her parents are at work. Today Kelsey had to work Derek was in a golf tournament for work and Karen is in Guelph with her sisters looking at her Niece Becky's house.

Wish I could do stuff like that with my grandkids, but they're all out west just north of Edmonton.

I prefer Pt Bruce beach over Pt Stanley. Don't have to pay for parking and not anywhere near as busy BUT, whenever I'm in Pt Bruce, all I really wanna do is go sit on the pier and fish. So IF we can find a parking spot, we'll usually go to Burwell for the beach.

Never eaten at that one. (Either it's too hot, to far from my gear out on the pier, or I'm just to damn lazy to walk THAT far. What is it another 150 ft maybe 200 :LOL:) What are the prices like?

Last edited:
Well it was me and Ruby today. She decided we should go to the beach because it has been a while since we went to the beach (yesterday) We started off in Port Bruce and swam a bit and then had hotdogs french fries and slushies for lunch. She decided the waves were too rough so off we went to Port Burwell and could not find any parking as it was packed. Back in the jeep and headed to Port Stanley
Luckily found parking and it was also packed. We swam for a couple hours and headed home after the stop at Shaw"s for ice cream first of course. I am now ready for bed but Ruby is ready for more.

That's awesome Wayne

Wish I could do stuff like that with my grandkids, but they're all out west just north of Edmonton.

I prefer Pt Bruce beach over Pt Stanley. Don't have to pay for parking and not anywhere near as busy BUT, whenever I'm in Pt Bruce, all I really wanna do is go sit on the pier and fish. So IF we can find a parking spot, we'll usually go to Burwell for the beach.

Never eaten at that one. (Either it's too hot, to far from my gear out on the pier, or I'm just to damn lazy to walk THAT far. What is it another 150 ft maybe 200 :LOL:) What are the prices like?
Prices were pretty reasonable Trevor. $12 and change for the 2 of us. I was looking out at the pier to see if I could spot you but I did not. If I had I would have brought over Ruby to meet you. Ruby was born in Edmonton at the Grey Nuns.

Prices were pretty reasonable Trevor. $12 and change for the 2 of us. I was looking out at the pier to see if I could spot you but I did not. If I had I would have brought over Ruby to meet you. Ruby was born in Edmonton at the Grey Nuns.
o_O$12 for the 2 of you. I paid $12 for a hot dog and 3 pop and $23 for a bacon cheeseburger, some fries and 3 pop just for ME at the other one a while back.

My daughter was born at the Royal Alex......my son in Yellowknife. Some years ago I had some tests done at the Grey Nuns.

No I wasn't there today. My wife needed the car today and she wasn't about to drop me off down there, drive back to London for the "farewell" gathering she was attending for someone she worked with who is leaving the company, and then drive back down to Pt Bruce to pick me up again. ( I woulda done it for her if the roles were reversed😉🤪)

o_O$12 for the 2 of you. I paid $12 for a hot dog and 3 pop and $23 for a bacon cheeseburger, some fries and 3 pop just for ME at the other one a while back.

My daughter was born at the Royal Alex......my son in Yellowknife. Some years ago I had some tests done at the Grey Nuns.

No I wasn't there today. My wife needed the car today and she wasn't about to drop me off down there, drive back to London for the "farewell" gathering she was attending for someone she worked with who is leaving the company, and then drive back down to Pt Bruce to pick me up again. ( I woulda done it for her if the roles were reversed😉🤪)
Small world Trevor, I spent 2 months in the Royal Alex after my Motorcycle accident July 12th 2014 and then 3 months across the street at the Glenrose Rehab Hospital.

Small world Trevor, I spent 2 months in the Royal Alex after my Motorcycle accident July 12th 2014 and then 3 months across the street at the Glenrose Rehab Hospital.
I lived out west (Yellowknife NWT then Edmonton) for 23 years total. 17 in Yk, then 6 in Edmonton after my first wife left me. I lived just south of the big mall when I lived in Edmonton. Would love to take my wife there to do some shopping and to see the mountains. Haven't convinced her to make that trip yet but I'm working on it, especially now that she's getting 4 weeks vacation time as a 10 yr employee where she works. (she just got that notice from her employer, so when she goes back to work tomorrow, she's going to see if that means she can book another week off this year since the notice said that it was retroactive to July of this year.) Either way, I'm trying to convince her to take at least two of those weeks consecutively next year so we can maybe do a trip like that.......she says she doesn't wanna take a trip like that.....:banghead:

I've been all over all 4 western provinces and there aren't many places in Alberta that I haven't been. I miss the Northern lights in the NWT.....they're just not the same here when we can see'em..my closest friends that I've known for 35+ years each are still out there and we do keep in touch.......and I miss the mountains.....other than that, not really much I miss from my years out west., and I certainly DO NOT miss the winters. Once you've experienced years of winters in the high arctic and western Canada, you can justify saying, and I have, "It doesn't get cold here," because it doesn't. ;)

Lots of good memories, but there are also the not so good ones. (yes I've long put them behind me and moved on, happily, but as they say, I've forgiven AND moved on, but I will NEVER forget.)

Moved back home to the London area in Nov 2008, met my wife now in 2009 when we worked together, we got together as a couple in Sept 2010 (broke my own rule about dating co workers :ROFLMAO:) and we've been together for almost 12 years now, celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary a little over a month ago. As she fondly and affectionately says to me all the time, she's been, "putting up with my BS for a long time now." and I respond in kind. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats on the 10 years Trevor. I to have been all over out west as I used to live in BC when I was a teenager and still lived at home. Been fishing and working in Alaska, Yukon as well as the NWT. When I retired in 2017 I moved back to London where I was born. I did miss the Great Lakes when I was out west but did not miss the mountains while here. Once you have seen them and played in them that was enough for me. The dry cold out west did not bother me as much as the humid cold here does. This September 10th will be my 45th wedding anniversary.

Congrats on the 10 years Trevor. I to have been all over out west as I used to live in BC when I was a teenager and still lived at home. Been fishing and working in Alaska, Yukon as well as the NWT. When I retired in 2017 I moved back to London where I was born. I did miss the Great Lakes when I was out west but did not miss the mountains while here. Once you have seen them and played in them that was enough for me. The dry cold out west did not bother me as much as the humid cold here does. This September 10th will be my 45th wedding anniversary.

Here has always been home for me. Born in Brantford, live in St T until I was 15, then we moved to Yk. I always knew that eventually I would end up back in Ontario, just didn't know exactly when that would be. I do miss the mountains, but that's more because I drove through them so often while driving truck. Always saw something different each time I went into them.

When it comes to the dry cold vs the dampness here....I found the same thing. You'll never hear me say I'm cold here, UNLESS I'm ill, or I'm completely exhausted.....and even under those circumstances, it's not really the "cold" that's getting me, it's the dampness/humidity created by the lakes that surround us, and being ill or totally exhausted, I'm a little more vulnerable to it. Dry cold I could dress for, here the dampness gets ya, but it's not cold.......to explain that difference to people I used to tell them to go grab an ice cube in their hand.......it melts, you get wet........dry that same hand completely and then grab a block of dry ice......it'll cause kind of a "burning" sensation, and quickly because it's a dry cold.....and you'll get a slight frost bite almost immediately.

I've done the take a cup of hot water outside and throw it in the air and watch it turn to snow immediately when it's colder than -40 C out west. That doesn't happen here, because here, it's a damp cold and it just doesn't get THAT cold here.

Congrats on 45 years. My parents will celebrate 49 years in late October.

Best day ever I'm sure.

Back