Fishing Report Saturday..Port burwell walleye trap.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The nephew wanted to gather up some meat to put on a fry for his old dads birthday..how could i say no.
Arrived at the port burwell marina around 4-430pm. Couldn't help but notice a silver streak spoon in the display that I just had to try.

Rattle traps and smithwicks on 3&4color off the boards to start.
The two new spoons went out on dipsys, #0&#1 on zero for there 1st wash.
Ran through a bit of colors with the traps & Smithwicks and later deep huskys from bright finish to metallic finish before settling on a few real stand out winners to run the rest of the evening. Bright colors proved to be the favored flavor. while the Metallic finished baits were catching, the fish started to show a 4:1 preference for the bright(chart being tops) patterns.
#1 dipsy on 0 out 60ft pulling the new spoon was a winner from the start(4-5:1 preference over the #0 running at 75-80ft out). replaced the#0 for a 1 and set it the same as port side.. ✌winners.

Best baits of the day off the core lines were Husky deep in Hot tiger.
Smithwick p10s in lemon lime orange & marvin .
RAT L Trap,color name unknown.

Wanted to run with rattle trap thing a bit more so I ran through a few colors I had from metallic finish like chrome/blue & golds some brightly patterned stuff. The chart body with blue eyes trap was only one to survive the cuts and was fished from start to finish on 4colors20220806_185814.jpg. Metallic finished traps was slow to go, only 1 taker.
Replaced a trap for a #12 deep husky In hot tiger on 3 color..unbelievable producer. Several times fish took it while feeding out line and couple time there wasn't even 2full colors off the spool yet and fish were on it. Lemon lime orange Smithwick was almost as deadly20220806_201439.jpg.

Dipsy set on 0 out 60t off the corners towing the new additions was practically none stop and FAST!.. With only 60ft to crank in the dipsy rigs could not be beat for reset time by anything and the fish were crushing it. Number of Fish boated,lost and hits takin on the them dipsy rigs went well into the dozens by days end. The new Pair of spoons are the 1st I have ran in some time and winners from start to Finnish.20220806_202706.jpg

At one point i was a little worried as I thought the nephew was tapping out from the heat but he said "no it's not that!..I just reeled in like 20fish in a row, My arms are burning!" HAHAHA! GET IT IN YOU BOY! Here's another 1 for you to crank in!, Oh look there goes another rod! get off your ass and get reeling! Lol.
Little sucker has heart and didn't give up till all the board clips were gone20220806_210054.jpg
With a "little help" from uncle he managed to put nice basket of fish together for his dads birthday fish fry20220807_033051.jpg.

Last edited:
"nice basket" :LOL:
Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

The nephew wanted to gather up some meat to put on a fry for his old dads birthday..how could i say no.
Arrived at the port burwell marina around 4-430pm. Couldn't help but notice a silver streak spoon in the display that I just had to try.

Rattle traps and smithwicks on 3&4color off the boards to start.
The two new spoons went out on dipsys, #0&#1 on zero for there 1st wash.
Ran through a bit of colors with the traps & Smithwicks and later deep huskys from bright finish to metallic finish before settling on a few real stand out winners to run the rest of the evening. Bright colors proved to be the favored flavor. while the Metallic finished baits were catching, the fish started to show a 4:1 preference for the bright(chart being tops) patterns.
#1 dipsy on 0 out 60ft pulling the new spoon was a winner from the start(4-5:1 preference over the #0 running at 75-80ft out). replaced the#0 for a 1 and set it the same as port side.. ✌winners.

Best baits of the day off the core lines were Husky deep in Hot tiger.
Smithwick p10s in lemon lime orange & marvin .
RAT L Trap,color name unknown.

Wanted to run with rattle trap thing a bit more so I ran through a few colors I had from metallic finish like chrome/blue & golds some brightly patterned stuff. The chart body with blue eyes trap was only one to survive the cuts and was fished from start to finish on 4colorsView attachment 62696. Metallic finished traps was slow to go, only 1 taker.
Replaced a trap for a #12 deep husky In hot tiger on 3 color..unbelievable producer. Several times fish took it while feeding out line and couple time there wasn't even 2full colors off the spool yet and fish were on it. Lemon lime orange Smithwick was almost as deadlyView attachment 62697.

Dipsy set on 0 out 60t off the corners towing the new additions was practically none stop and FAST!.. With only 60ft to crank in the dipsy rigs could not be beat for reset time by anything and the fish were crushing it. Number of Fish boated,lost and hits takin on the them dipsy rigs went well into the dozens by days end. The new Pair of spoons are the 1st I have ran in some time and winners from start to Finnish.View attachment 62695

At one point i was a little worried as I thought the nephew was tapping out from the heat but he said "no it's not that!..I just reeled in like 20fish in a row, My arms are burning!" HAHAHA! GET IT IN YOU BOY! Here's another 1 for you to crank in!, Oh look there goes another rod! get off your ass and get reeling! Lol.
Little sucker has heart and didn't give up till all the board clips were goneView attachment 62694
With a "little help" from uncle he managed to put nice basket of fish together for his dads birthday fish fryView attachment 62693.
Sounds like time well spent with your nephew. Way to go !

Planning on heading out tomorrow afternoon, in about how many FOW were you guys fishn and did you head straight out or head east or west if you don’t mind me asking ??

Planning on heading out tomorrow afternoon, in about how many FOW were you guys fishn and did you head straight out or head east or west if you don’t mind me asking ??
I dont mind you asking at all.. how ever!.. Giving up "the spot" for all to see has not worked out to well for me in the past so a few "fine details" must be kept close to the vest. 63fow.

I dont mind you asking at all.. how ever!.. Giving up "the spot" for all to see has not worked out to well for me in the past so a few "fine details" must be kept close to the vest. 63fow.

I always try to line up three things, Port Burwell lighthouse, the steam plume from,, I think the Perry Nuclear plant and the X on the side of my boat.

I get that right, and I'm in the money. :LOL: 🤪 🌻

That's about it.. Just get out to about 63fow, give or take a foot or two, then keep a few mile or better east or west of the pack of boats then triangulate your self with a few objects.. If there is no pack of boats at or around 63fow then start dropping lines in asap and don't bother with the 3 things thing, money every time.
Be sure to drop a GPS pin. From there let the good times roll & troll any which way you please.

9,950 square miles of water to fish and there will always be pack of boats in a small area jockeying for position to work over a piece of water like all the fish are coming from a single 12" pipe at the bottom of the lake😂 .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks