Luve from Burwell aug 5

spincast

So far so good. A couple double headers and a bunch of small ones thrown back. 52 Fow spoons and body baits

Attachments

• 20220805_101624.jpg
    20220805_101624.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Wow. I hope you dont get caught in the thunderstorm hitting us near Selkirk. Lightning like mad and powers off. Stay safe

Lol. Fat fingers small keyboards and waves can make for some interesting comments. Trolling in with some rain off south of us.

Okay so after being awake all night, pacing, refreshing the radar while watching the lightning out of the window, we postponed our 6am departure. At 7am I headed out to retrieve a couple more limits... er.. fishermen for the trip.

It was steady nonstop excitement. I think we were on the lake around 8 and off before noon. I couldn't keep anything straight, including my boat and we wound up fighting as many tangles as fish.

We had just cleared a 7 rod spiderweb and started resetting rods. Suddenly I was blinded by a beauty like none other. Glistening in the morning light, the black and yellow numbers appeared before me.

I recognized it instantly as a channel 6-8 beer coaster. Then I noticed it was attached to a boat!!

" @Cap'nkirk is here" the captain boldly declared.
"Are you mutants capable of operating a vessel? You clearly can't keep track of your gear, how can you expect to operate machinery??" He rightly continued, and passed us the planer board.

Hahaha all kidding aside huge kudos to @Cap'nkirk who reeled in his lines, retrieved my gear, and chased me down before I noticed that the lead line that got cut in the tangle was one with a planer board attached (and therefore was still floating behind me). Very solid move, many thanks!!

With a busy day ahead I decided to reel up, 2 short of our limit, hoping for a couple fish to be dragging. Sure as shit two fish were hooked up and dragging, but one got off at the boat.

23 walleye, 2 bows and a farm animal. Two very happy youngsters who fought their first bows and won, we definitelymade some fishermen today. Had an aerobatic display from a third bow that wasn't meant to be. Lost many walters at the boat due to young netters and fishermen learning the ropes.

This much fun should be illegal.

@Derkd9 you were asking on the other thread so I thought I'd tag you here

20220805_131402.jpg

Okay so after being awake all night, pacing, refreshing the radar while watching the lightning out of the window, we postponed our 6am departure. At 7am I headed out to retrieve a couple more limits... er.. fishermen for the trip.

It was steady nonstop excitement. I think we were on the lake around 8 and off before noon. I couldn't keep anything straight, including my boat and we wound up fighting as many tangles as fish.

We had just cleared a 7 rod spiderweb and started resetting rods. Suddenly I was blinded by a beauty like none other. Glistening in the morning light, the black and yellow numbers appeared before me.

I recognized it instantly as a channel 6-8 beer coaster. Then I noticed it was attached to a boat!!

" @Cap'nkirk is here" the captain boldly declared.
"Are you mutants capable of operating a vessel? You clearly can't keep track of your gear, how can you expect to operate machinery??" He rightly continued, and passed us the planer board.

Hahaha all kidding aside huge kudos to @Cap'nkirk who reeled in his lines, retrieved my gear, and chased me down before I noticed that the lead line that got cut in the tangle was one with a planer board attached (and therefore was still floating behind me). Very solid move, many thanks!!

With a busy day ahead I decided to reel up, 2 short of our limit, hoping for a couple fish to be dragging. Sure as shit two fish were hooked up and dragging, but one got off at the boat.

23 walleye, 2 bows and a farm animal. Two very happy youngsters who fought their first bows and won, we definitelymade some fishermen today. Had an aerobatic display from a third bow that wasn't meant to be. Lost many walters at the boat due to young netters and fishermen learning the ropes.

This much fun should be illegal.

@Derkd9 you were asking on the other thread so I thought I'd tag you here

View attachment 62461
That’s awesome! Great story to go with the photo!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks