Fishing Report Leamington Live June 14

Hey @walleyeman , I thought the hat was good luck... caught a nice big walleye wearing it... biggest of the day. But then, a gust of wind blew the hat off into the drink. Next thing I know, while we were circling back to rescue said hat, and with my focus on landing a fish or sumthin', the kicker stops dead... stalls. I peered over the stern to see what was the matter and it was then I saw a trail of chewed up straw bubbling up from below...🤠 o_O🤷‍♂️ At that point, I knew the golden sombrero was going to be ... umm... different.
Look at it this way Stomp. You made THE DAY! The boat was full of joy and laughter!!

I had it all under control, "This will be easy" I said. Drop a waypoint at the lost straw hat, slow smooth 180° turn with the autopilot, continue to land fish while returning to the scene, net the hat, and carry on. It was all going according to plan until the straw hat escaped the net and disappeared under the boat. Next thing you know the kicker stops dead and a cloud of straw starts floating up behind the boat. The rescue mission had now become a recovery mission....

Maybe this guy represents victims of lost hats as well as lost fish:

1655285141991.png

1655285756079.jpeg

Last edited:
The crazy stories heard from fishing outings never end, and the three of you just made another. This will never be forgotten and the laughs will never end. Great trip !!!!!! And of course GREAT KICKER story.

I may be lacking a brain, but I wonder if the guy that ran over my hat had a heart. I know it was kinda big and ugly, but, come on man...

Of course I have a heart....some child labourers in the far east are already working on weaving up a new one as we speak!

1655294665651.png

Last edited:
Just realized that we never really posted much of a report. We fished from the park gates out to Grubbs in 34-36 fow, 2.2-2.4 mph with harnesses, TDD-11's, Bandits, and Worm burners to start with, mostly in green and purple tones. 5 colour lead, 4 oz bouncers, and cranks back 125-140 feet all were good. Everything caught fish but the worm baits were almost all smaller fish 16-18" along with a few junk fish. The cranks produced more and bigger fish so we switched everything over to them and managed our 18 fish and lots of throw backs. Largest was 27" a few 20-24 and the rest were 17-18". Water temp 69F. Flies are starting to show up so bring some spray.

Good luck if you're heading down that way, it's an amazing time of year in the western basin.

Last edited:
All my “ginger” friends wear those hats as they have sensitive ears and pale skin not friendly to sunlight. Was that an Amazon purchase?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks