Boat safety requirements OPP safety checks

The Transport Canada website does say that you have to have your vessel license with you, but does not reference proof of ownership.

The Small Vessel Regulations (section 102) do state that you can boat for 90 days without a license, as long as you carry proof that you've applied for one and proof of transfer of ownership, but I can't find anything that would require you to carry proof of ownership outside of that one circumstance.

Does anyone have a credible reference (not "an officer once told me") in writing that says that you have to carry proof of ownership onboard?

My question is: why wouldn't you carry it with you. Get the wrong Co or Officer and they can really tie up your fishing time.

My question is: why wouldn't you carry it with you. Get the wrong Co or Officer and they can really tie up your fishing time.

I don't really understand the yes you do, no you don't stuff.

I want no bull :poop: that I can simply prevent on my boat by having a no cost/minimal cost item.

I am way over what I need in most areas that might arise under most if not all circumstances.

Now, whether I'm capable of dealing with the situation is a completely different story, but dammit I am over prepared. 🤪. 🌻

Well, for my part I already provided that to Transport Canada in order to get my registration. I don't need to provide it again and I don't even know if I still have it.

It may be popular folklore that I need to have a dishwasher or a bunch of bananas on board, but I'm not going to do that either because Canadian law works on Canadian laws, not popular folklore. If I need to embarrass an overzealous officer in court to show the difference between popular folklore and Canadian law, I will have a good bit of fun doing so. However, I do still have the utmost respect for those who do not share my definition of fun 🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks