Fishing Report Port Glasgow Live - June 15

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Slow so far caught 6 lb. bow on Dipsy & spoon back 65 ft., a 4 lb. Walleye and lost 1 at the back of the boat on Taildancers back 100 ft. behind the boards. Only 1 other boat out so far.

PXL_20220615_120541156.jpgPXL_20220615_120515928.jpg

Flies are out, getting hot and fish still not biting so we are out of here.

Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

How’s your transducer mounted? I have the same unit and this POS keeps loosing bottom
My transducer is mounted like it shows in the photo. One thing you need to check out if the transducer cable is totally seated in the back of the unit. This a common problem on the Hook series units if you don't know but is a quick fix once you do. I thought my transducer had failed at the start of the year as it was not reading bottom at all until I found out about this problem from Lowrance. Click my thread below and you will understand better. Also another note I highly recommend watching this video by Josh at Angling Outfitters to better set up the Hook Reveal, it made a big difference from the factory settings. I just played it on my phone while sitting in the boat while setting the unit up. Josh knows fish finders inside out and is very helpful if you have questions regarding your unit. Hope this is a help. :)

Thread about seating the cables

PXL_20220615_165647416.jpg

Hey @Wave Runner , looks like that Lowrance finder is “Humming” today!😁
It sure was Bob but not many of the fish on it wanted hum. We ended with only 2 bows and 2 walleye but at least all 4 were good size fish. After reading your report from Leamington I kept hearing "Go west old man, go west!" 😁

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks