Off Topic Costco marine batteries

Fisherboat

Wondering if anyone has used a Costco marine battery in their boats. Any pros or cons would be appreciated.
Mine CT batteries have lost their charge and I need to replace 2 of them.

I've had 3 over the years. One was defective on year 2 and they just replaced it. 2nd one is about 7 years old and in a tractor because I thought it was old and it starts a glow plug diesel tractor all winter. 3rd one is 3 years old and just put it in the boat. I'm happy with them, last year they didn't have any in London because of covid so I bought an Interstate 31 series as my second battery.

I have. These are made by Interstate and have much better AH characteristics than the original Interstate, plus an extra warranty. Worth every penny.

@Fisherboat... Kirkland Signature marine batteries are excellent, have higher AH than almost any other I've seen and their warranty is the best. The batteries are made for Costco by Clarios who makes batteries for numerous brand name companies.

Stoney creek Costco also didn't have any marine batteries 😩
Canadian tire ended up with my 💰 as I wanted to fish in the morning

Stoney creek Costco also didn't have any marine batteries 😩
Canadian tire ended up with my 💰 as I wanted to fish in the morning
I was at Costco in south London the other day and they had several 27DC on the shelf for $134.99.

Correction: $159.99

Last edited:
I must have looking at the wrong sticker price Jamie... wouldn't be the first time I got to the checkout only to find out something in my cart was $25 more than I thought. :)
You almost had me run to the south end Costco for a group 27 Bob! Been debating upgrading my trailer battery because of all the Hydro outages last year. Nothing worse than getting to the lake finding a fridge full of warm beer.... And food

Anyone ever try Crown Battery Crown #MAR-1000 Walleye1 G24 800 CCA.
Walleye Battery.jpg

My local Home Hardware has them on for 120 bucks.Walleye Battery.jpg

Anyone ever try Crown Battery Crown #MAR-1000 Walleye1 G24 800 CCA.
View attachment 57438

My local Home Hardware has them on for 120 bucks.View attachment 57438

Those were the batteries that came with my 2013 Lund. They were pretty good, and the one that was in my bow mount is retired to my trailer which spent last winter with no trickle charge on it. Fired up the furnace a few times when we went down over the off season and moved the tip out out/in a few times too.

I only replaced the starting battery last year due to my rivet leak problem. I wanted a fresh reliable battery for the season, so I bought a starting/deep cycle battery from Carquest because of my mechanic discount and to make sure she stayed afloat until proper repairs could be done

Looks like they went up five bucks...

Attachments

• 20220516_113715_HDR.jpg
    20220516_113715_HDR.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 19
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks