Off Topic I say live your life the way you want too.

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Back ground. My grandfather died of stomach cancer. My father died of bone cancer. My brother Bob died of lung cancer. My brother Jack died of pancreatic cancer. My brother Bill died of liver cancer. My brother Warren died of a heart attack. My sister Madeline died of Cirrosis and never drank in her life. My sister Margarette has had breast and ovarian cancer but is still with us. My sister Patricia has been diagnosed with lung cancer but is still with us. Myself, I have had skin cancer twice. I have been through many challenges in my life and now another one. My sister Margarette has type 2 Diabetes. My son Derek has type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 weeks ago. They are not sure yet which type I have as my blood work shows I am on the border line. My MRI showed spots on my liver and kidneys. I have had 4 different doctors see me in the past week. I am about to tell them all to go to hell and live my life the way I want to. If things go the way they have for my family I have already come to grips with my family history that 99% of us go with cancer. Sorry about the rant but I am getting fed up with people telling me what to do.

You need to try CBD; get over the stigma of Cannabis.Our bodies are made for the herb . Google it .
Tried it and did nothing for me. I also tried THC gummies and they do help but very costly.

@ scrimmy: Don’t even think about the money at this stage of the game, WE don’t have long so let’s enjoy every minute of gooooood while we can. Keep a positive attitude, active and chin up…. Hope things work out for you. LIFE SOMETIMES IS A BITHCH !!!!!!!!!

Tried it and did nothing for me. I also tried THC gummies and they do help but very costly.
Go to your Doctor,he will refer you to Canada Cannabis Clinic in London. You get a script; everything you buy from a Licenced producer is Tax deductable. EVERYTHING !!!!! Paper,flower, vaporizer,etc but must be from an L P .

Sounds like, you need a great year of fishing. Enjoy your self, nobody is here forever.

That's a lot of weight to carry.Only you can decide what's best for you.I wish you all the best🙏

APRIL 11 will be 5 years since I qualified to ring that. it wasn't my first dance, either personally, or in the family. I chose not to hit that gong, not because my relief and joy of achieving that milestone wasn't something to celebrate, but rather because I remember the day I was standing in line for the first appointment, not knowing what was around the corner. Someone rang that bell. And while I knew it was a sign of success and hope, for me, it brought the thought of those who would never be able to, and the question, which would I be?
During that time I tried my best to live by the following thought: we can't control what life brings our way, only how we respond to it.
I dont know what the challenge you are currently looking at looks like but please know I send my best wishes to you for strength and the ability to not let whatever you are facing win now.
Think of the movie The Bucket list. Grab it by the balls and go. Live your life your way and celebrate everyday.

IMG_20170411_114918.jpg

Back ground. My grandfather died of stomach cancer. My father died of bone cancer. My brother Bob died of lung cancer. My brother Jack died of pancreatic cancer. My brother Bill died of liver cancer. My brother Warren died of a heart attack. My sister Madeline died of Cirrosis and never drank in her life. My sister Margarette has had breast and ovarian cancer but is still with us. My sister Patricia has been diagnosed with lung cancer but is still with us. Myself, I have had skin cancer twice. I have been through many challenges in my life and now another one. My sister Margarette has type 2 Diabetes. My son Derek has type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 weeks ago. They are not sure yet which type I have as my blood work shows I am on the border line. My MRI showed spots on my liver and kidneys. I have had 4 different doctors see me in the past week. I am about to tell them all to go to hell and live my life the way I want to. If things go the way they have for my family I have already come to grips with my family history that 99% of us go with cancer. Sorry about the rant but I am getting fed up with people telling me what to do.
For millions of years people have died. In fact everyone that has existed has died everyone alive today will be dead in the next 100 or so years.
You can not relive yesterday. You may not have a tomorrow. We all have today, so use it to make your live and those around you better. You are not the only person in the world but you can make it better for others. We will all go through that door.

for diabetes, they Free Style Ultra was a game changer for me.

@scrimmy really sorry to hear your family's history and your current revelations.

I am a Type II, self abuse over my lifetime I figure.

Biggest recent game changer for me is injectable Ozempic. My number is way down and I am casting a much smaller shadow than in the past.

The 101 year old mother in law, who unfortunately from yesterday's visit, I don't expect for her to see through to next week is a Cancer survivor.

She was diagnosed and underwent surgery at age 58.

I know everyone's situation is unique and hope nothing but good for you. 🌻

@ scrimmy: Don’t even think about the money at this stage of the game, WE don’t have long so let’s enjoy every minute of gooooood while we can. Keep a positive attitude, active and chin up…. Hope things work out for you. LIFE SOMETIMES IS A BITHCH !!!!!!!!!
My dad always said: What's the point of making money if you are not spending it

Scrimmy..Ive had type 2 for a few years. Age and weight related..almost disappears when I get the lbs off. Easily managed with diet, exercise, medication so don't despair over that one.

Scrimmy..Ive had type 2 for a few years. Age and weight related..almost disappears when I get the lbs off. Easily managed with diet, exercise, medication so don't despair over that one.
Dave J, not too worried over Diabetes. I was 250 LBS at Christmas and now 236 LBS. Headed the right way weight wise. Doctors told me liver and Kidneys are not working as they should and MRI has shown Cysts on liver and one on kidney. My youngest son Derek has type 1 and has to inject himself 4 times a day. He has it way worse than I do. Lots of people have it way worse than I do. I was just fed up with all the gloomy news from the doctors and having them always telling me what to do and what not to do. I will feel much better when I can ready my boat for the season ahead.

Dave J, not too worried over Diabetes. I was 250 LBS at Christmas and now 236 LBS. Headed the right way weight wise. Doctors told me liver and Kidneys are not working as they should and MRI has shown Cysts on liver and one on kidney. My youngest son Derek has type 1 and has to inject himself 4 times a day. He has it way worse than I do. Lots of people have it way worse than I do. I was just fed up with all the gloomy news from the doctors and having them always telling me what to do and what not to do. I will feel much better when I can ready my boat for the season ahead.
I hear you. A 90++ year old patient of my wifes told her "Old age ain't for sissies"...well said!
Where are you launching out of this year? I finally got a slip in Erieau!!

Planning on Glasgow but no slip I will be trailering this year.

Sorry to hear about diagnoses. Been a rough couple years between myself and friends with medical conditions. Being on the water help me deal with it if only for a day. Heed the doctors advice , but at the end of the day you still got to live.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks