Port Dover Ice Fishing

mikereardon

Hello, Looks like in front of the beach house they have ice out pretty far, worth walking out and trying to drop a line ?

Guessing it’s not safe ice.. maybe someone with experience will chime in.

I wouldn’t do it , it ends up being very unpredictable, as kids we’d walk on the long point beach ice and it was so jumbled it was like any where from 2 feet thick to 6 inches

Here at Peacock Point the ice on the west side of the point has been here for two weeks stretching out as far as a kilometer at times.Due to the east winds we have had the last two days I woke this morning to see it all gone.Do not venture out on the main lake ice.It is the most unpredictable ice you can ever venture on to.

We're renting in Turkey Point while we build our new place in Port Rowan. I know it's not Dover but to me the same principles apply. One day it's completely open water.... The next day people are walking on the lake off the beach, thinking it's been frozen for weeks. Completely insane! The ice moves around too much, and is too unstable to risk it on the main lake in my opinion.

20220206_133142_HDR.jpg
Seen this person today in port stanley by the public boat launch and earlier in the week they were up river..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks