Mr buddy modification

Puddle Jumper

Finally got around to notching the thermal electric fan to fit my buddy heater

Thought I would share in case anyone else uses similar heater

Hoping this will distribute heat better in my fatfish 6

there allot of different techniques on utube

But I find notching the back ...works better ...heats up quicker ???20220109_180200.jpg20220109_175949.jpg

mind if I ask what you notched it with, mine looks too heavy duty for a dremmel

I ended up picking this up last year at peavy mart on sale with a built in fan and 2 USB ports for charging your phone plus a built in light. It runs off of the standard 20v or even the 60v flex. Made a little modification to it for the long sits in my island shack…. great for heating up a sandwich or even last nights leftover steak. Made by dewalt

Attachments

• 1254CDBD-1B0A-4CA1-8580-12D4751B2083.jpeg
    1254CDBD-1B0A-4CA1-8580-12D4751B2083.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 6D34BCF1-4A69-47EF-8F62-C589D5667B9C.jpeg
    6D34BCF1-4A69-47EF-8F62-C589D5667B9C.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 61D9A7D6-E0BE-49FD-9097-43352F3C55C5.jpeg
    61D9A7D6-E0BE-49FD-9097-43352F3C55C5.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 88
I ended up picking this up last year at peavy mart on sale with a built in fan and 2 USB ports for charging your phone plus a built in light. It runs off of the standard 20v or even the 60v flex. Made a little modification to it for the long sits in my island shack…. great for heating up a sandwich or even last nights leftover steak. Made by dewalt
How does the Dewalt work ?
I looked at them before buying my buddy, but did not have Dewalt tools at that time .
Now I use a Dewalt 20 V withv5 ah batteries to power my k-drill

Does the fan run all day on one battery? What size ?

I'm not sure my buddy heater is good enough for my hut ( fatfish 6 ? It's 7 x14 and not thermal)
So may upgrade or get a second heater ?

View attachment 52845
I wonder if one of those fans would work for my garage heater. Less operating costs than an electric.
you might try a ceiling fan, made to the world of difference in garage with an overweight ceiling (12-13 feet) , works great winter and summer for distribution.

Puddle Jumper how do you store the fan during transport?

@Stick Nice heater, I have a similar one... maybe even the same make based on the colour of the box. Mine is a single tube 30' long, and I am disappointed, it gets really hot at one end and is almost cool to the touch at the other end where it exhausts. I expected a much more even heat... how is yours? I had the installer back, and he made it worse by turning up the flow, just got hotter at the one end.

I angled it away from my work bench so it wouldn't cook my melon. Even heat all throughout the tube. Just need a cheaper way to get the heat moving from the ceiling on really cold days. Dries my waders and gear overnight after being soaked with the use of a fan.

you might try a ceiling fan, made to the world of difference in garage with an overweight ceiling (12-13 feet) , works great winter and summer for distribution.
Trying to get away from electric fan for the most part. 22 x 24 x 9 garage with no wall insulation behind the paneling.

ok you pushed me, I clicked the order button on amazon.
I'm trying the Otter Vortex pro lodge this year and it's bigger than my 6x6 tent previous so I'm wondering if I'll need the fan to have a regular Mr.Buddy be adequate for the space.

LOL yah I am thinking of selling my small heater buddy and getting the one you got and adding the fan as well... especially now that I know they can be used in enclosed spaces!

Trying to get away from electric fan for the most part. 22 x 24 x 9 garage with no wall insulation behind the paneling.

I have one of these fans on my stove and there's no way it would move enough air over your heater to justify spending the $75 for one. You'd probably need 2 of the double fans to notice any difference.

Why don't you want to use electric? A 36" ceiling fan run on low will use less than 25 cents of hydro per day.

Back