Off Topic Full Circle Christmas

hvyhaul

This morning I was thinking today had strange similarities to our "before" children Christmas days.

Originally, we wondered what Christmas would be like with children.

Then the first year with a child was precious,. Leading them through opening up a gift, then refocusing the child to see that there was another gift to open and so on until finally realizing the child was more interested in the packaging than any gift there was.

The second year with a child was eye opening and depressing. There was a flurry of activity as the child blew through the pile of gifts, turned and said, "That's all?"

As the family grew we threatened them all with their lives to stay in bed until 6 am.

That progressed to sending the younger children to force the older ones to get up before noon.

Now that they have all moved on, here The Wife and I are back to wondering what our children's Christmases are like with their children (our G Kids).

Never figured myself as one to reminisce, I going to hell in a handbag. LOL

Last edited:
Your words made me realize the same. I'm a G-dad and our family wasn't able to get together this morning because of some flu and cold symptoms.

We are fortunate enough to have my mother and both in-laws here today to spend with our kids. All of us vaccinated and healthy to do so 👍 I was actually the first one up this morning, so I snuck to the stream to check on my traps before they woke up 🤫

Attachments

• 20211216_201239.jpg
    20211216_201239.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 20
had the pleasure of being at my grand daughters in London for traditional dinner with all the trimmings (daughter got the day off for a change) changing of the guards so to speak-----a huge success for the first time around.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks