Collins Harbour Marina - Perch Fishing

I thought I would include a picture of one of our customers catch. The perch are biting and the the majority of the fishermen are coming in with their limits. We have minnows in stock and our boat launch is open. I've included a pic of one our our customers catch's yesterday. For those looking for our location we are located at 274 Front R. St. Williams, Ont.

Attachments

• Perch - 11-05-21.jpg
    Perch - 11-05-21.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 94
Lake Erie fall perch fishing at its best. Thanks again Collins Harbour for another great season of services on the north shore. Your upgraded boat ramp, fish cleaning station, organized parking, minnow supply and friendly services are very much appreciated.
Moo

Quackers:
It looks like you had great results👍. Was the pike targeted or did it just hit one of your perch set-ups? I am just wondering, since the light equipment I am using for perching probably would be an issue for actually landing even a hammer handle-sized gator🐊.

Quackers:
It looks like you had great results👍. Was the pike targeted or did it just hit one of your perch set-ups? I am just wondering, since the light equipment I am using for perching probably would be an issue for actually landing even a hammer handle-sized gator🐊.
Was on a drop shot perch rig, about a 5lber, was just hooked in the corner of the mouth. We lost another earlier, a little bigger that broke off within seconds of hitting. Did get to see it as we were fishing right beside the boat. I threw a big glide bait for awhile but tough to keep it clean with all the floating weed. There was a boat trolling the area, I assume for pike.
Every now and then the perch would disappear. I assume a cruising Pike?
A bigger minnow on a float could be worth having out while you're perching.

We got 30 in 3 or 4 hours. That's all one scoop of minnows lasted. Windy and a bit choppy so once the minnows were done we were happy to call it a day. Mixed bag of sizes. Threw back a bunch of dinks. 825 grams of fillets.68872C97-0B2D-451B-925A-04DBABAC969D.jpeg

Tomorrow wrap up the boat for the season. 😔

Was on a drop shot perch rig, about a 5lber, was just hooked in the corner of the mouth. We lost another earlier, a little bigger that broke off within seconds of hitting. Did get to see it as we were fishing right beside the boat. I threw a big glide bait for awhile but tough to keep it clean with all the floating weed. There was a boat trolling the area, I assume for pike.
Every now and then the perch would disappear. I assume a cruising Pike?
A bigger minnow on a float could be worth having out while you're perching.
I have been using 4 lb test fluoro for my leaders on my perch rig. I would imagine any thing with teeth will break that like thread. I think that I may put a 2nd line out with a bigger bait on a float in case a pike happens by.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks