Fishing Report St clair muskie

Lizzy_911_

Spent the last day and a half fishing with a few buddies out of lighthouse cove.
A lot of traffic in the river and at the mouth, to be expected right now.
Did not see a fish caught from the pier or river while we were there.
Got into 3 fish out on the lake.
2 around 40 inches and the last fish at 49inches.
Good trip and happy to spend time with friends.

Attachments

• 20211014_143948.jpg
    20211014_143948.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Resized_20211014_110726.jpeg
    Resized_20211014_110726.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 107
Well done @lizzthat 49" is beautiful and definitely starting to put the feed bag on by the looks of it. Definitely a very respectful fish and they're only gonna get fatter the further we get into fall!!! Can't wait to get out there, we'll see how Sunday look come Saturday

We were trolling almost the whole time. Too many bodies in my small boat to cast.
Going back next week with 1 guy and we will cast most of the day.
Heading up tomorrow for the week. This weekend will be a river fish(windy).
Thx for the report & were probably pass each other next week if you come up.

We've been up since Wednesday too and it's been very slow, the weather is way too nice. East Shore is muddy and choked with weeds as you head North. The south shore is pretty fish-able and we found some fish there yesterday. Haven't seen many fish caught in the river either but there's a fair number of boats each day trying. The weekend is a blow-out by the looks of it so we may pack up early to avoid the crowd.

Spent Thanksgiving weekend throwing my arm out down there at the mouth. Less than a foot visibility and water was 66. Locals that were next door to where I stayed said they felt it was a late start this year and water temp was still too warm. Saw 2 caught at 9am on Saturday (as one guy hooked up trolling another boat cast towards and got one as well but both were small fish) hopeful it starts turning on soon and going to try to get back down towards end of month

Spent Thanksgiving weekend throwing my arm out down there at the mouth. Less than a foot visibility and water was 66.
Water is 71-72 now....same as early September last year. East Shore is fish-able now but after tomorrow's west winds it will be trashed too.

The weather turned to crap this afternoon with torrential downpours and strong winds so of course the fishing got much better. We found a few decent fish and salvaged an otherwise poor week of fishing. Tomorrow is still looking like a disaster with strong west winds so we were glad to boat some fish today.

IMG_20211015_1632295.jpgIMG_20211015_1659042.jpg

Not looking good...two boats in the river but the wind is causing them grief as well.

IMG_20211016_0742443.jpg

Looks like the river is going to be blown out for a few days with all the rain.
Screenshot_20211016-110626_Chrome.jpg
Weather is looking decent going into next week. I would think there will be some fish if you can get out into the lake a bit.
Good luck everyone. I'll be down there for full moon Thursday if the weather/wind cooperate.

Back