Fishing Report Fall Pike Derby Live Oct. 9

Well, the @Three Bouys Reign of Terror is over and after 4 years atop the podium Jim had to pass on the crown. I was no doubt the cause for him being dragged down to defeat, but we fought hard out there. We had great numbers with around 20 pike on and around 15 boated (we kinda lost count).

I doubt this is a surprise to anyone that has been within a mile of Jim's boat, but the Wellcraft can push out some decibels. Truth be told, this sound system is part of the secret of past success. So, now that the winning streak is broken, I hope Jim is ok if I share some of what we do out there when fishing the Bluff.

Last edited:
I wish we went out there to Bluff Bar and rock out catching Pike
But when we got out near the outer bay I shied away from it and stayed in the area we caught the small ones hahaha
turned out to be a nice day still 👍

Well, the @Three Bouys Reign of Terror is over and after 4 years atop the podium Jim had to pass on the crown. I was no doubt the cause for him being dragged down to defeat, but we fought hard out there. We had great numbers with around 20 pike on and around 15 boated (we kinda lost count).

I doubt this is a surprise to anyone that has been within a mile of Jim's boat, but the Wellcraft can push out some decibels. Truth be told, this sound system is part of the secret of past success. So, now that the winning streak is broken, I hope Jim is ok if I share some of what we do out there when fishing the Bluff.
No wonder you guys didn't win this year... you were too busy fooling around. 😜

No wonder you guys didn't win this year... you were too busy fooling around. 😜
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy @Wave Runner . @Three Bouys has already started planning for next year. I think the first order of business is a new song playlist - what we had this year was good, but not good enough to win! There was also mention of upgrading a couple of the in-hull side speakers from 7" to 9" and replacement of the rail-mounted speakers high up on either side of the centre console. If we can get the sound system fully dialed in, the thinking is that the pike will be jumping in the boat.

I’ll have all winter to decide on another upgrade @stomp. For sure those other 4 speakers will be replaced. Possibility changing the zones from 2 to 3 and adding another amp from 1200 watts to 1800 watts.
The other issue is battery location, it’s a great fishing boat but the current battery location is a nightmare. I’m glad the boat sits in my heated shop for the winter and I don’t have to remove them. I have lots of room and ventilation under the console cuddy for which I can move them and add another battery.
Winter project is coming and will update when it’s complete. ROCK ON!!!!!

Hey Three Buoys, the "net guitar" solo would have gone from hilarious to epic if you would have been shirtless 🤣🤣 as usual - I almost didn't recognize you! You never mentioned how the cormorant derby went though 😉❓Also wondering if the more genteel species prefer a mellower playlist than the ambush predators 🤔❓you know, the way dairy cattle prefer classical. Sorry about your loss though - Is "The Cold November Rain", "Smile and Wave" or "Free Fallon' " on the list ❓😉

as an old Boy Scout, your voice should never leave your camp site, JMHO.

I’ll have all winter to decide on another upgrade @stomp. For sure those other 4 speakers will be replaced. Possibility changing the zones from 2 to 3 and adding another amp from 1200 watts to 1800 watts.
The other issue is battery location, it’s a great fishing boat but the current battery location is a nightmare. I’m glad the boat sits in my heated shop for the winter and I don’t have to remove them. I have lots of room and ventilation under the console cuddy for which I can move them and add another battery.
Winter project is coming and will update when it’s complete. ROCK ON!!!!!
Go big or go home @Three Bouys lol. Definitely sounded decent in Stomps video for sure!!!

Hey Three Buoys, the "net guitar" solo would have gone from hilarious to epic if you would have been shirtless 🤣🤣 as usual - I almost didn't recognize you! You never mentioned how the cormorant derby went though 😉❓Also wondering if the more genteel species prefer a mellower playlist than the ambush predators 🤔❓you know, the way dairy cattle prefer classical. Sorry about your loss though - Is "The Cold November Rain", "Smile and Wave" or "Free Fallon' " on the list ❓😉

I see the fly in the ointment.

The air guitar (net) was played upside down. :eek::oops::banghead:😉🙃

Go big or go home @Three Bouys lol. Definitely sounded decent in Stomps video for sure!!!
@Reel-ist we will be take request next year😂
@hvyhaul wanted to show off the new net replacement👍
@Fshrmn4life I have a little competition going in stereo sounds. A friend just sold his 36’ Searay with an awesome sounding system. His new/used 40’ Searay will be updated to something also.
There’s still that teenager in me and I like music. Even my truck has a 600 amp sub whoofer box in the back.
I want be heard before you can see me😂😂😂

@Fshrmn4life , the soundtrack of the video doesn't begin to do it justice. I was sitting up front near the sub and my teeth were rattling. The looks on the people's faces fishing off the docks at the Provincial Park when Jim announced our arrival... priceless...
Lmfao way to make an entrance boys, sounds like one hell of a good time for sure!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks