Fishing Report Elbow - Disappointing

Seventeen

Launched the boat today (Sept.17) at Turkey point Marina and headed to the Elbow. Started at the drop off to 65 ft. and zig zagged from 65 to 90 feet of water heading towards the light house. Fish finder seemed to be marking fish but no hits. Washed lures for 2 1/2 hours trying everything with four rods and 2 downriggers. Skunked!

Fished nanticoke today got 1bass fished from 30 fow to 65 fow strait south and west marked a couple good schools but no takers tugs were working just east of port

Attachments

• 20210918_122453.jpg
    20210918_122453.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 18
Launched the boat today (Sept.17) at Turkey point Marina and headed to the Elbow. Started at the drop off to 65 ft. and zig zagged from 65 to 90 feet of water heading towards the light house. Fish finder seemed to be marking fish but no hits. Washed lures for 2 1/2 hours trying everything with four rods and 2 downriggers. Skunked!
Don't feel too bad Seventeen. It's been a tough year fishing the Lighthouse and Elbow area. I was out hunting with an MNRF employee who does the index netting in this end of Lake Erie and he says there is no shortage of fish. His theory is that there is also an abundance of smelt. Walleye stomach samples indicate they are feeding on smelt in Long Point Bay. He may have a point.

I feel your pain, Seventeen. Went out today from Hoover’s. Perfect conditions and had 1 shredded worm on a dipsey. Tons of bait on the graph and some big marks but nothing from 35’ to 55’ in 4 hours. Massive net running ENE to WSW from 4 K off Peacock. Dozens of dead floater sheep. 2 COs making the rounds at the dock this morning when we got there. Maybe all she wrote, boys.

Attachments

• 5DE08CFC-ED98-4C0D-945F-4A2152E9E764.jpeg
    5DE08CFC-ED98-4C0D-945F-4A2152E9E764.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 19
Don't feel too bad Seventeen. It's been a tough year fishing the Lighthouse and Elbow area. I was out hunting with an MNRF employee who does the index netting in this end of Lake Erie and he says there is no shortage of fish. His theory is that there is also an abundance of smelt. Walleye stomach samples indicate they are feeding on smelt in Long Point Bay. He may have a point.
That's a good point, I noticed there was lots of marks and bait balls out there pretty much at any depth. Hopefully next season they will be hungry for lures! LoL.

I noticed the few I netted this year were full of smelt. I was out solo Saturday for six hours changing colours bait styles speed and location. Even went out around the point west and the screen looked like this from 50 feet to 90. It was like that all in the elbow. Clean water was below 40 feet and marking614D05B1-326E-4B67-9E39-10763FCC14CD.jpeg fish but no takers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks