New tournament idea

one.last.cast

Would someone from this group please organize this here for next year. I thought this was a joke but it’s legitimate. This tournament is in Green Bay and the pay out is cash and beer. I’m sure there’s a fish fry after the tournament end from all the entered fish.

Attachments

• 6CDA6FAE-AC0E-421B-A538-EAD076917415.png
    6CDA6FAE-AC0E-421B-A538-EAD076917415.png
    459.1 KB · Views: 96
The Shepard (formerly, Yak Attack), stands ready!

Great idea! I am sure Derkd9 would help me organize this next year.

King Joe Outa Here!
Yah sure sure no problem???
When should we have it.. ??

I’ll bring steak for myself and watch everyone enjoy their sheeeeeps

I am sure some here are fishing Hoovers walleye Tournament again

1631049413567.png
ll Frenzy 4th Annual Fishing Tournament

Hi
Welcome to the Fall Frenzy Fishing Tournament for 2021.

Main Event 500.00
Big Fish Sat 50.00
Big Fish Fri 100.00
Boat Launch 20.00/day
Camping - 25.00/night - no power or water available,
washrooms available

Docking Slips - call Marina (we don't run that)

Several Raffle and random prize draws throughout the night. Must be present to win.

It was a blast last year and will only get better this year.

Any teams interested in participating, please forward your email address to us at fallfrenzytournament@gmail.com and we will get your package out to you if you already haven't received it. All packages and entry fees are due back no later than September 17, 2021.
Packages will also be available at Dawson City Takeout in hagersville and other locations may be available just contact Scott for details.
Maximum boats allowed will be 50 so get your information to us as soon as possible.
Be sure to include participant waiver signed by each team member along with the registration form. All information must be received with payment in order to get your Team Number.

Remember that this is a charitable event and all proceeds go to "Cancer Society of Canada". Anyone wishing to sponsor the event, tackle shops, marine shops, food vendors etc, all are welcome, please contact Scott Misener at 519-574-2431.

Must follow all Marina/Fishing Regulations
Must respect and follow Hoovers Marina Covid-19 rules and regulations
Intoxication at weigh in is NOT allowed

Looking forward to another great event, we ask that everyone in attendance please follow the Covid-19 rules and regulations that Hoovers Marina has in place.
We look forward to seeing everyone out on the water this year and cant wait to enjoy another great Tournament. Please stay tuned for live entertainment details as we get closer to the date of the Tournament that structure will be announced

Sincerely,
Scott Misener

ya this tournament is charitable which is different then the payout derby Hoovers had this time in september..
maybe somebody can explain what happen to the original ...
just curious..

I would consider being a team member on a good boat, I have Nanticoke fishing experience putting fish in the boat..last time solo I put 10 in the boat sept. 6 2019..kept my limit 6
send me a message if your serious I was catching 2 at a time 3X

Nanticoke Walleyes Sept. 6 052.jpg Nanticoke Walleyes Sept. 6 053.jpg

Last edited:
ya this tournament is charitable which is different then the payout derby Hoovers had this time in september..
maybe somebody can explain what happen to the original ...
just curious..

I would consider being a team member on a good boat, I have Nanticoke fishing experience putting fish in the boat..last time solo I put 10 in the boat sept. 6 2019..kept my limit 6
send me a message if your seriousI was catching 2 at a time 3X

View attachment 49497 View attachment 49498
Unfortunately, I will be in Holland during this Derby

Not much was said about this tournament and Im kinda torqued about it. Totally not well promoted. I had a team ready to go and kept hearing uncertainty about it so now Im booked to be at my hunting camp. Hopefully they run something next year.

well I hope your traveling there for pleasure @Derkd9 ..

I enjoyed the Netherlands 2x..especially Amsterdam and the summer time on the beach in Zandfoort
I’m going to the International Propagation Seminar for work related reasons, but I get 1 day and 2 evenings free in Amsterdam.
Not exactly sure what I’m going to do for that day, any suggestions?
Guy I’m going with was suggesting the Anne Frank museum.

I see there is a fishing store there too might have to grab a lure hahahah

I’m definitely getting some cheese
mmmm Dutch Gouda 🤤 😋

Amsterdam is a great city, very safe, very scenic. Enjoy. AF Museum is interesting and worth it. Id burn an evening just walking and site seeing, hit the cafes and bars for a cold one every so often.

I’m going to the International Propagation Seminar for work related reasons, but I get 1 day and 2 evenings free in Amsterdam.
Not exactly sure what I’m going to do for that day, any suggestions?
Guy I’m going with was suggesting the Anne Frank museum.

I see there is a fishing store there too might have to grab a lure hahahah

I’m definitely getting some cheese
mmmm Dutch Gouda 🤤 😋
A trip thru the Red Light district can be good for some entertainment.Beers usually pretty cold.

sorry to hear about the flip flop fishing tournament Harold..I googled hoovers marina derby 2021 and found it that way

Your a lucky guy @Derkd9 ...all expenses paid ..are you flying KLM..I took there 747 home to toronto one time executive seat..

last time buddy & I was in amsterdam it was the dutch gilder..we had alot of fun in the red light..the food & drink..we drank Heineken..hit the pubs played blackjack..the cafes..I remember the grasshopper the bluebird..we made local friends easy and in english..they were good to us..

spending 2 full summers over seas traveling thru Europe taking mostly night trains a few buses ferrys every direction including east into Moscow after the wall come down..hey we enjoyed the local girls, the history is everywhere ancient greece viking ships..the big citys like Paris, Berlin,Rome my last trip to europe I went to Vienna for 3 weeks lots of rural into slovakia it was great..I have learned to go for months not weeks..

Last edited:
Yah @mick we are flying KLM it looks really nice not flying executive but upgraded my seat for more room and first off the jet when it lands!
I’m pretty excited to go I’ve never been to Europe

How do you target sheepshead?
Honestly I caught them more often perch fishing in port Bruce hardly caught any trolling considering how much I’ve done the last couple of seasons

They had a sheephead tourney in Quinte a few years ago called 'Slam the Lamb'. I thought that was a catchy name. There are some true monsters down there, my son landed this ram but it was too early to enter....IMG_1826.JPG

Honestly I caught them more often perch fishing in port Bruce hardly caught any trolling considering how much I’ve done the last couple of seasons
True I've caught far more dragging tubes for smallies than trolling.

I had one hammer a crank bait earlier this summer. Thought it was a pike at first,

Target Sheephead - is easy. Just follow me! I've hit schools of active sheep south east of Bruce. Running only two poles - we have changed lures to avoid them for fuk sakes. Two weeks ago stopped counting after 20 sheeps inside of 4 hours. All on lures trolling at 2.5 mph. I've stepped up to 3 MPH and still manage to catch them or hook them in the head. At times there are thick pockets of them feeding out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks