Fishing Report Burwell August 31/21.

hvyhaul

I have to stop listening to hot intel and just go with mine and my neighbour's thoughts/plans.

Told it was really good in shallow with tons of marks the day before, so we started there.

There were lots of marks and landed a very small walleye right away, but, more Sheephead than any other day, 11 or 12 and smalls, all smalls. :eek::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Trolled out to deeper water, as deep as 63.5 but nothing much happened with consistency.

Picked them off but threw small after small after small back.

Trolled past the pack on the deep side and listened to two who were friends find out how far dipsys on 3 track to the side. (hooked each other)

That's not for me. :rolleyes:

Ended up with a decent 2 person cooler but it was a slow day.

083105.jpg

Best rod on the boat, starboard dipy on 1 - 125 back

Second best port dipsy on 1

Number 3 dipsys contributed a few each.

Best lure by miles

083103.jpg

Worm harnesses, a few.

Body baits, zilch, a few strikes.

Spoons after going through a number of changes tons lol.

LC with spoon 2

No rigger used, all the rest dipsy

Best fish of the day (size) was the last into the box.

Had an unfortunate oversight at the end of the day. Didn't pull the probe/weight back due to being distracted and started in.

Fortunately Scotty's are super strong and the FH breakaway works, I only lost a d/r weight.

Off to Sail or somewhere local for a new paddle wheel kit. I have another breakaway.

Will be looking for an 8 lb pancake weight.

probe (1).jpg

As a side, on our way out Chris was busy pumping out another patron's boat that was in jeopardy. Class guy.

083101 (1).jpg

Hopefully next trip will be better and less eventful. LOL

Last edited:
Much appreciated @scrimmy , Sail is less than 5 minutes from the house and they are only $19 +tax so I'll start there.

If I strike out locally I will follow up with you.

Again thanks for the offer.

I have to stop listening to hot intel and just go with mine and my neighbour's thoughts/plans.

Told it was really good in shallow with tons of marks the day before, so we started there.

There were lots of marks and landed a very small walleye right away, but, more Sheephead than any other day, 11 or 12 and smalls, all smalls. :eek::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Trolled out to deeper water, as deep as 63.5 but nothing much happened with consistency.

Picked them off but threw small after small after small back.

Trolled past the pack on the deep side and listened to two who were friends find out how far dipsys on 3 track to the side. (hooked each other)

That's not for me. :rolleyes:

Ended up with a decent 2 person cooler but it was a slow day.

View attachment 49081

Best rod on the boat, starboard dipy on 1 - 125 back

Second best port dipsy on 1

Number 3 dipsys contributed a few each.

Best lure by miles

View attachment 49082

Worm harnesses, a few.

Body baits, zilch, a few strikes.

Spoons after going through a number of changes tons lol.

LC with spoon 2

No rigger used, all the rest dipsy

Best fish of the day (size) was the last into the box.

Had an unfortunate oversight at the end of the day. Didn't pull the probe/weight back due to being distracted and started in.

Fortunately Scotty's are super strong and the FH breakaway works, I only lost a d/r weight.

Off to Sail or somewhere local for a new paddle wheel kit. I have another breakaway.

Will be looking for an 8 lb pancake weight.

View attachment 49083

As a side, on our way out Chris was busy pumping out another patron's boat that was in jeopardy. Class guy.

View attachment 49079

Hopefully next trip will be better and less eventful. LOL
chris is the best thing that happened in Burwell class act.

@scrimmy, I have a probe almost like yours.

My dud has a new paddle wheel. :(:sick::banghead:😭

Gonna be an expensive off season........ again. 🤬
If you order a new one from Fish Hawk they will give you a good deal. I sent back my broken one and they told me the sonar was not working. They sold me a new one for $299 Can and free shipping. They are over $400 at Radio World in Toronto. They will give you a discount code to use when you order a new one.

If you order a new one from Fish Hawk they will give you a good deal. I sent back my broken one and they told me the sonar was not working. They sold me a new one for $299 Can and free shipping. They are over $400 at Radio World in Toronto. They will give you a discount code to use when you order a new one.

I got my code and price from them @scrimmy . It's not as good as yours and the proposed shipping is UPS at my cost.

How did yours come up and was there any additional fees upon arrival?

TIA

I got my code and price from them @scrimmy . It's not as good as yours and the proposed shipping is UPS at my cost.

How did yours come up and was there any additional fees upon arrival?

TIA
No extra fees upon arrival. They sent the probe regular mail.

Avoid UPS to cross the border if at all possible. They rake you on import fees and duties. Expedited mail is far better.
Ditto. On an expensive item like that I would expect UPS to hand you a bill for well over $100 when the item is delivered to cover HST and their brokerage fees. This will be on top of whatever they charge for the actual shipping.

Avoid UPS to cross the border if at all possible. They rake you on import fees and duties. Expedited mail is far better.

FH won't ship any other method now, but maintains the brokerage fees are already included in the shipping fees.

No options if I choose to buy my replacement probe from them using the discount code.

Fingers crossed, no blindside when it shows up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks