Burwell Aug 31st

Reel Action

Headed at 10am once the waves calmed down. Set lines at 59 FOW just East of Port. Greasy Chicken wing spoon was on fire for 60 minutes. Couldn't keep it set, boated 7 Walleye including a 10lb monster and several farm animals. Things cooled down and the worm harnesses started producing. Kept our best 12 out of 16 Walleye and pulled lines at 330 pm. Fished 59 and 60 FOW all day. Dipseys out between 110 and 125 ft. Most fish on the screen were 40 to 47 ft down. No particular colour of harness produced better than another.

Attachments

• IMG_35821.jpg
    IMG_35821.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210831_164618.jpg
    20210831_164618.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210831_164425.jpg
    20210831_164425.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 88
Let us know how you cook that thing. 👍
For science reasons

I Often see questions on here about eating sheepshead how to cook it etc here is the recipe

set oven to 350
In a roasting pan add olive oil , onions , garlic, potatoes and the sheepshead cove the fish with a piece of truck tire found on 401 cook for 1 hour them remove from oven throw away the fuckin sheepshead and eat the truck tire

Are you going to eat the 🐑 head?
LOL! I knew someone was going to spot that and ask! Years ago Daryl Cronzey sang the praises of Sheepshead and claimed that if you cut it into small chunks and boiled it briefly, then dipped it in garlic butter, it was just like lobster. I never tried it, but he said that on a TV segment of his. The offshore workers have a broader palette for fish than many of us do, so I'm sure they'll prepare it in a way that they all will enjoy it. For me, I'll just keep enjoying my Walleye fillets!

We tried a sheep on Nippissing one year just for fun, and with the Chronzy episode in mind. It was bland and tasteless. Not bad, just bland.

I've dropped off migrating Chinook to some very happy bunkhouse over the years. They usually have the pan hot before I leave the yard.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks