Off Topic Rod holders that fit Tracks ( Berts tackle )

m1dn

Wondering if anyone can help me with this.
looking to get 2-3 temp rod holders for tracks in boat i bought.
Will look for rod trees over winter, need something temporary to fit into racks without screwing new holes.

I was looking at Scottys 340 adapter and 3x rod holder piece they have.

The problem is 340 adapter seems to be out of stock eeeeeeverywhere, going to call local dealers tomorrow.

Is there any other decent rod holders that fit directly or with some adapters?
Theres one on Sail.ca, but thats 150$ for a single rod holder

Sail has dual axis cannons that should fit that track. They are at $140 a piece there but these are pretty darn good and universal.

If you have tracks
I’m Confused why you even need an adapter?
And why you call it a “temp” rod holder

As those are my full time permanent rod holders…
Anyways good luck with your search.
Hope you find what you’re looking for temporarily.

Also @noclass has set of rod trees for sale which also fit in tracks.

Buy it once, buy it right. I recommend the Cannon 360s Cannon support is unbeatable. I had a rod rod holder that the base started to separate after a few years of chasing salmon - they replaced it with an upgraded 360 for free. Lost a plastic end protector - they sent me three, free.
If you aren't going to run a big planer board set up, you could consider something similar to what I have instead of a tree. Also has the advantage of not presenting a vertical impediment to rod movement when chasing fish. I bought the riser kit so I could leave the Bimini on the boat with the holders and still get a good downward angle with the dipsey rod. For you this would allow for longer track and more rod holders without having to drill. And one screw removes all the holders at once for storage or to put your travel cover on. This also allows me to mount my fishhawk on the track at the back and remove quickly as well
I found everything on Amazon ( I actually lucked into a sale for the riser, but now that I have them, they are definitely worth it) .
Other options include Tackle Direct: https://www.tackledirect.com/rod-holders.html

Attachments

• 20210806_065744.jpg
    20210806_065744.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 44
If you have tracks
I’m Confused why you even need an adapter?
And why you call it a “temp” rod holder

As those are my full time permanent rod holders…
Anyways good luck with your search.
Hope you find what you’re looking for temporarily.

Also @noclass has set of rod trees for sale which also fit in tracks.
Haha, because i originally wanted rod trees, but they are 0 in stock anywhere until you posted, going to pm noclass!

if it doesnt work out, doing 2-3x cannons, thanks everyone!

Buy it once, buy it right. I recommend the Cannon 360s Cannon support is unbeatable. I had a rod rod holder that the base started to separate after a few years of chasing salmon - they replaced it with an upgraded 360 for free. Lost a plastic end protector - they sent me three, free.
If you aren't going to run a big planer board set up, you could consider something similar to what I have instead of a tree. Also has the advantage of not presenting a vertical impediment to rod movement when chasing fish. I bought the riser kit so I could leave the Bimini on the boat with the holders and still get a good downward angle with the dipsey rod. For you this would allow for longer track and more rod holders without having to drill. And one screw removes all the holders at once for storage or to put your travel cover on. This also allows me to mount my fishhawk on the track at the back and remove quickly as well
I found everything on Amazon ( I actually lucked into a sale for the riser, but now that I have them, they are definitely worth it) .
Other options include Tackle Direct: https://www.tackledirect.com/rod-holders.html
You had better luck than I did when a roll pin fell out of one of my dual axis holders. Made many calls only to find out you can't get parts and basically told it's over a year old tough luck, buy a new one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks