Anyone have the story on this fish?

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone have any info on this fish?
my mom sent me this screen shot and having troubles figuring out where the report is?
She said her friend sent it to her said it’s on Port Glasgow fishing hole??
whatever that is??
Fish looks huge
Would love to hear the story

3CFD6DF8-31DD-4B41-BBEB-66C56B496326.jpeg

Could just be a small dude with small hands doing the straight arm thing... Does look like a good one though.

Nice fish. You need to fish lake Ontario if that interests you. hook into a salmon that peels off 300 foot of line in a couple mins. No walleyes, but lots of fight to the fish. The second photo is my sons biggest to date. He is still waiting for his 30 lber. The third shot was the first fish I caught in my own boat on the lake - 15 minutes after I set the lead core out

Attachments

• DSCF1129 (2).jpg
    DSCF1129 (2).jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Gs avatar 2012.JPG
    Gs avatar 2012.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 46
  • all of the bow.jpg
    all of the bow.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
You need to fish lake ontario
I don’t work this weekend and so far windy not looking so good for Erie maybe there is opportunity on Lake Ontario

will my braid work this time of year? Or will the flys be a problem.. I’ve never experienced this but I keep hearing about it.
And what lb test floro leader do you suggest?

do I need the flasher and flys or can I just use spoons behind dipsys?

I just don’t have all the stuff for big salmon is somewhat what is holding me back.
I do really want to experience fishing big salmon.

flasher and dodger was hot set-up in my day but that was before hydro was a common

He caught it last weekend out in front of Clearville 9 KM's west of Port Glasgow. They launched out of Glasgow. As far as Lake Ontario Derek9 just use what you got although you should up the line strength a bit for Lake Ontario. I fish it often and just use 20 lb test but I just use spoons and body baits since I sold all my Ontario gear with the charter boat.

I don’t work this weekend and so far windy not looking so good for Erie maybe there is opportunity on Lake Ontario

will my braid work this time of year? Or will the flys be a problem.. I’ve never experienced this but I keep hearing about it.

I just don’t have all the stuff for big salmon is somewhat what is holding me back.
Too hot right now, but we'll see what we can do to get you out before the end of the season if you are interested. When it starts to cool down, before the rains hit, if Mother Nature is good to us, we should still have a few good outings left. Next year, lets chat and we can do a trade off - Ill take you out on O, and you can show me Stanley when its time for groceries :)

Braid on Dipseys, works, although I run wire. After mid July - when the fish get big, you may want to consider an alternative
I run clean spoons all the time on al least one set up, Lets not discuss the alternative presentations - I think I could have bought a tinner for the cost of everything else. Consider paying for gas and a launch with a friend :)

Anyone have any info on this fish?
my mom sent me this screen shot and having troubles figuring out where the report is?
She said her friend sent it to her said it’s on Port Glasgow fishing hole??
whatever that is??
Fish looks huge
Would love to hear the story
Once I see it it right side up it sure does look like a heck of Glasgow bow for sure. :jawdrop:

3CFD6DF8-31DD-4B41-BBEB-66C56B496326.jpeg

We fished Lake Ontario Tuesday, launched at fifty point, went to the Grimsby buoy , fished 100 to 200 feet . Water temp at 50 feet down was 53 degrees. 45, 50 and 55 feet down was great from 915 am to 11:30 am then it shut down. 5 bows, 5 chinook. Downrigger amd dipsey. All on 4 inch spoons. We lost at least 10, the bows are spectacular when jumping. Highlights: 23 pound King, 12 pound Bow.

Attachments

• 01345076-9301-49A2-AB5D-DAB2B81DCCC9.jpeg
    01345076-9301-49A2-AB5D-DAB2B81DCCC9.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 48
  • B62BF600-8247-41D7-9986-4366F5B32B05.jpeg
    B62BF600-8247-41D7-9986-4366F5B32B05.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 47
  • A5AB7C89-185F-413C-A055-D5FFD876014A.jpeg
    A5AB7C89-185F-413C-A055-D5FFD876014A.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
We fished Lake Ontario Tuesday, launched at fifty point, went to the Grimsby buoy , fished 100 to 200 feet . Water temp at 50 feet down was 53 degrees. 45, 50 and 55 feet down was great from 915 am to 11:30 am then it shut down. 5 bows, 5 chinook. Downrigger amd dipsey. All on 4 inch spoons. We lost at least 10, the Howard are spectacular when jumping. Highlights: 23 pound King, 12 pound Bow.
I’ve been seeing those triple threat spoons on Instagram a lot they’re shiny def need to get some 👍
okay okay well just might have to give it a try
I don’t have a fish hawk or anything so if I’m in the wrong water temperature I’ll have no idea lol
but I suppose I should just treat it the same way I fish walleye
Look for what I think is fish on the finder and get the spoon somewhat near them.

I’ve been seeing those triple threat spoons on Instagram a lot they’re shiny def need to get some 👍
I don’t have a fish hawk or anything so if I’m in the wrong water temperature I’ll have no idea lol
Look for what I think is fish on the finder and get the spoon somewhat near them.
Unless there is a major wind storm , it should be close to the same.

Now you know what to ask for xmas Derek9. I have used Moor subtroll, Depth Raider and Fish Hawk for the last 17 years and feel lost without it. It is not totally needed on Erie for Walleye but it does help locating the proper Temp and the speed of your lure which is almost always different then the speed of your boat due to underwater currents. If you plan on fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon then in my opinion it is every bit if not more essential than your graph. The one I use now is the Fish Hawk with blue tooth and the X4D probe which also tells you the true depth of your cannonball. Your rigger may say it is 42 feet down but with blowback and currents it won't be 42 feet down but the Fish Hawk will tell you the truth

You can be very successful on Lake O with just a fish finder. Find some bait balls and stay on them for a good time with salmon. Be sure to use a slider on downrigger lines to get those coho.

Or head out to the blue zone (350+ fow) and troll some spoons 20-30ft down to have some fun with the rainbows.

Salmon are staging now so you should be able to get into them near shore.

The best time though is in the spring when the fish are close to shore. This is when you long line body baits and spoons in as shallow as 10 feet of water for big browns and the odd rainbow or coho.

Be sure to checkout the fish consumption guide for Lake O to see what’s safe to eat as some species/sizes people keep are unfit for consumption

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks