Off Topic Harness organization

Tboz

Hey everyone. Just want to know how everyone is storing and organizing your worm harnesses??? I currently use the old Pool Noodle method but I've been thinking there must be a better way!?!?!

Reactions: jrr
I use the large pool noodle. I take my noodles to the table saw and at 1 1/2" increments I make a cut all the way around the noodle about 3/8 of an inch deep and with a knife make a shallow slice the length of the noodle. I start my harnesses with the clevis in the cut, wrap the harness in the saw cut till the hooks which I bury into the foam where they finish wrapping. Usually make the noodles long enough to wrap six harnesses. Each noodle will have harnesses with similar bead colours. I only use 4 colours of beads so I work with 4 noodles. I've tried the hard black rubber tubes but the hooks don't bury well into the rubber and the trailing treble hooks have points sticking out every where. Tried the plastic bags idea but between the occasional knot in the harnesses, hooks sticking out through the bags and at the end of the day being short on the bags for what ever reason I gave up on that idea. To each their own but I find the noodle works best for me but will be following this discussion for any better ideas.

If your using a pool noodle make sure to add slits for the line. Another way to add separation is to add cable ties in between each harness. The other options I use mostly are to leave them in the package they came in and organize them in a Berkley binder. Lastly and mostly I have some of my favourites strung up on “rigrap”s these things are great once you get the hang of them. I always wrap from the dipsy back and that way I can put the worm on the harness before I pull out all the line. I always start dipsy to 5 ft of leader line (30 lb) to a clip to the harness. that way I can switch out to a spoon or body on the same leader. Also look up how to put a worm on the harnsss. It is important to take the front tip of the worm off so it doesn’t twist the harness.

Attachments

• 40537DFD-ADA3-4E9F-924A-3EE9F86DF54B.jpeg
    40537DFD-ADA3-4E9F-924A-3EE9F86DF54B.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 794ED14F-4747-4B98-8E37-6A887CF4841B.png
    794ED14F-4747-4B98-8E37-6A887CF4841B.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 19
I have switched to Tackle Buddy ( 2 1/2" diameter size) harness holders about 3 years ago and am satisfied. I still have a few on noodles as well.
The noodles I use are the 4" diameter similar to what you see in a McDonalds playland wrapped around the pipes. Fewer wraps on the larger size.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks