Fishing Report Glasgow 8/23/2021 AM Test Day

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
First rod set at 7.00 AM last one out at 10:30 AM Was a bit of a test today. went 17 for 20 on the Walleye, 1 bass, 1 sheep, no Rainbow. 68 Feet of water. The test was between a brand new RRF Blue and silver and a Brand new RRF Black and gold with orange belly. Both ran 50 feet back off of cannon ball and both 43 feet down. Rods and reels and line were identical. Black and Gold took 12 of the 17 Walleye while the blue and silver took 5 Walleye, 1 sheep and 1 bass. Looks like the Black and Gold with orange belly is the clear choice. Nice sunrise and even the blowboats were out this morning. Bleeding out 4 of the keepers fat bellys. I turn on the pump and wait until the water is clear then turn off the pump. Back at it on Wednesday with a buddy I used to work with.

Attachments

• fat ones.jpg
    fat ones.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 30
  • sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 29
  • blowboat.jpg
    blowboat.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I catch 10-1 with silver streak copper back spoons on 7 lead, RR get a few but spoons smash them. Everyone fishes their own way, funny what works for some does not for others.

So many variables to deal with, 2 boats will not go the same speed, also how the lures are running in the water, some more action than others,type of line used, type of swivel used , all this would cause the lure to move a little different, just my opinion

I catch 10-1 with silver streak copper back spoons on 7 lead, RR get a few but spoons smash them. Everyone fishes their own way, funny what works for some does not for others.
I find this year that the rrf's seem to catch bigger fish than spoons do for me this year. It may change and if so I will change as well but so far the rrf's are always on my riggers

So many variables to deal with, 2 boats will not go the same speed, also how the lures are running in the water, some more action than others,type of line used, type of swivel used , all this would cause the lure to move a little different, just my opinion
I agree that is why I used identical setups with same line, swivels, reels and rods for this test. Only thing different was one rod was on port rigger and the other rod was on starboard rigger. That in itself can make a difference so I kept switching up sides about every 20 minutes or so.

True

Like said, there are so many variables. Yesterday, 1 of the 20 walleye we caught on silver and blue RRF. The others were caught on Nascar spoon. I'll definitely be dropping down a couple black and gold RRF tomorrow though

Keep changing until you can give them what they want. Last week it was an orange spoon at 2.9 mph. This week RRFs at 2.4. Gold/black and perch equal hits. next week ?

Last Saturday I used blue/chrome rrf on leadcore and landed a few, my fishing buddy tried it on the rigger and not even a sniff, Iam positive that both lures weren’t at the same depths , could’ve been close but just that alone makes all the difference

Saturday we had good bite on RRFs early on, then I threw them into the box and replaced with GLSpoons and "My Precious!" (TM) Luhr Jensen Shoehorn Spoons Size 3 Pink UV. The latter took less fish in quantities but it catched almost all rainbows and the largest walleyes. Quite frankly I am starting to get disappointed in the RRFs their paint gets scratched very fast... too fast...

And yet for me....I have NEVER hooked up on a RRF of any colour (and I have a suite of colours). Granted, I don't have riggers and don't use dipseys (too much drag) but.... not even off jets nor various inline weights....NADA, zilch, nothing on RRF.

King Joe, Outa Here!

And yet for me....I have NEVER hooked up on a RRF of any colour (and I have a suite of colours). Granted, I don't have riggers and don't use dipseys (too much drag) but.... not even off jets nor various inline weights....NADA, zilch, nothing on RRF.

King Joe, Outa Here!
Try running a rrf out the chute with a 5 oz snap weight at 2.7 miles per hour.

Good day fishing @scrimmy. (y) I will be out in the morning and again hopefully on Thursday.
Good luck tomorrow Bob. I will be out on Wednesday taking an old work mate out. I would like to get out Thursday but I have to babysit my 4 year old granddaughter.

Good luck tomorrow Bob. I will be out on Wednesday taking an old work mate out. I would like to get out Thursday but I have to babysit my 4 year old granddaughter.
Hey the life of Grampa can be tough when the fishing hot. I'm sure you will enjoy your day with your granddaughter. :giggle:

Karen and I babysit her Monday to Friday as both her parents start work early. She has been with me since her birth out in Edmonton. I was the first person to change her messy pants in the hospital, lol. Funny story is I went in on January 15th 2017 for a colonoscopy and as I was walking out to my FJ Cruiser my Daughter in law came running out a telling me her water broke. So I said get in and tell Karen to grab your things you will need and meet us at The Grey Nuns Hospital. I was on the 3rd floor and Kelsey was on the 4th floor. My procedure finished and I went up one floor to see how things were progressing. She did not have the baby until the 17th and by cessarian section as she got stuck at first.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks