Fishing Report Ashbridges Aug 8 Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Off Ashbridges with 2 buddies, 19/19 not counting the strikes with nothing on the rod by the time you grab it.

At some point a wire dipsy and a 10-color leadcore got tangled, and we spent the next hour untangling them while heading out and catching 4 rainbows.

All fish was caught mainly between 120-160 fow, 40-80ft down except the above 4 rainbows.

14 fish (8 big kings and 6 rainbows) were taken for smoker/oven.

3 fish on Spin doctor + fly combos (Crazy B and other green don't remember its name)
6 or 7 fish on Hotfish flashers with ITO Meat rigs on riggers and wire dipsy (120-160 back magnum settings 3)
5 fish on 10-color microlead with my favorite Luhr Jensen Shoehorn spoons
4 fish on Green and yellow Luhr Jensen dodgers with matching color Luhr Jensen Shoehorn as well as Moonshine spoons 4-6ft behind them
3-color SWR got nothing
Wire dipsies did not fire until like 11 am or so and later in the afternoon.

1628527617038.png1628527629051.png1628527638542.png

Awesome Vlad. Did you have to go deeper (300+fow) after 9am or were they inside 160fow most of the day? I have never been pass port Credit on Lake Ontario.

Awesome Vlad. Did you have to go deeper (300+fow) after 9am or were they inside 160fow most of the day? I have never been pass port Credit on Lake Ontario.
Hy, we did not plan to go deeper at all. All fish was there, i.e. if you look at the depth map, there is a drop, so we fished that drop. We had a nasty tangle between the wire and the lead core and the boat was heading out while we untangle it. That's how we ended up at 356 fow but I did hear that when the bite for salmon is slow, you go to 350+ area aka blue zone... I think you should reconsider going further a little bit than the CN Tower. I am glad I did :)

I am very well aware of the possession limits. We usually eat fish every week, my wife makes an amazing European ragu-style baked fish with vegetables, and I cold smoke the salmons and the rainbows and they make a pretty good accompaniment for the beer. Every weekend we meet with friends they know who brings the smoked stuff. I do also bring a fish or 2 to a few of my friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back