Fishing Report Glasgow Saturday morning 7/31/2021

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well another trip by myself and what a morning. Launched boat about 6:30 and 8 boats ahead of me. Motored out to 62 fow and first line in at 7:00 am. Perch RRF and before I put the 2nd black and gold RRF down the first went off. Nice 5 lb wally. Got it in the livewell while the other rigger fired with a 4 lb wally. Put both down to 40 and 44 feet and put on a slider on the port rigger. Went to put a slider on the starboard rigger when the port fired. A 5.5 lb wally on the main and a dink wally on the slider. This went on for quite awhile and forced me to take off the sliders as they were just catching dinks. Ended the morning just before 9:00 am going 16 for 16 on the Wally's and 1 bass and one farm animal. It is nice finishing early because I had the cleaning station all to myself. Gave away most of the wally's as I still have some from Wednesday. The 6 I kept were from 4 lbs to 6.6 lbs. Beautiful morning on the lake.

Attachments

• plreels.jpg
    plreels.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 33
  • satwave.jpg
    satwave.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Find a good school and present them with RRF's 2.7 mph and if you go through a school of them and they won't take pop off your RRF off the rigger and hold on. That action gets them very excited and most times they think the meal is going to get away and then they nail it. Also run a Taildancer back on 3 colours of lead run back 150 feet. If no hits keep adding snap weights until you hit the right depth. I no longer use 10 colour lead as all you need is 3 colours to get that enticing action and just use snap weights to get deeper if need be. Or I could just sneak you the 13.4 lb Wally I got last week. just kidding I tossed that one back. I have always found big Walleye all around the wellhead when fishing out of Bruce or Stanley. Its a 10.2 mile ride out but worth it.

Scrimmy ! I would love to see a picture of that 13.4 Lb walleye. Had some guy that I met at the Timmies in Glenco show me a picture of a 15 Lb walleye he cought in Glasgow a couple years ago and I am telling you, what a monster. Dont think my net is big enough for something like that.

Last edited:
Scrimmy ! I would love to see a picture of that 13.4 Lb walleye. Had some guy that I met at the Timmies in Glenco show me a picture of a 15 Lb walleye he cought in Glasgow a couple years ago and I am telling you, what a monster. Dont thing my net is big enough for something like that.
Was just talking about that with my friend today we were thinking the 5lb was pretty big imaging what something more than twice the size would be like

Darton I left my phone in my Cherokee that day and only took pictures of the fish I kept when I got back to the dock and the cleaning station. I can go through some of my pictures from when I ran charters to see if I can find some monster Walleye pics for you. I think the biggest Walleye caught on the "WhaleBones" was a bit over 15lbs. I will have a look. I think the one sitting on the table to the left was 11 or 12 lbs if I remember right

Scrimmy ! I would love to see a picture of that 13.4 Lb walleye. Had some guy that I met at the Timmies in Glenco show me a picture of a 15 Lb walleye he cought in Glasgow a couple years ago and I am telling you, what a monster. Dont think my net is big enough for something like that.
Here's a 32.5 incher that weighed in at 15.6 lbs. with a huge girth I caught in Wilson Lake in 2001. I had trouble getting it into my 30 gallon live well which is 30" long. I was going to release it after taking some photos but the resort owner wanted it mounted to put it in his main lodge which he did. He said it was the biggest walleye ever caught on Wilson Lake in the 35 years he has been there. The biggest I have caught in Erie was just over 12 lbs. but there is certainly bigger than that out there.

001 (1440x1980) (3).jpg001 (1440x1980) (2).jpg

Here's a 32.5 incher that weighed in at 15.6 lbs. with a huge girth I caught in Wilson Lake in 2001. I had trouble getting it into my 30 gallon live well which is 30" long. I was going to release it after taking some photos but the resort owner wanted it mounted to put it in his main lodge which he did. He said it was the biggest walleye ever caught on Wilson Lake in the 35 years he has been there. The biggest I have caught in Erie was just over 12 lbs. but there is certainly bigger than that out there.

View attachment 46826View attachment 46827
Hey Scrimmy how much line do you let out after the 3 core before adding your snap weight? What size of snap weight do you normally use?

Here is a 14.5lb and 31.5" caught in 45ft off the Port Stanley pump house July 1st of 2018. Biggest I've seen in the last 5+ years of fishing out of Port Stanley.

Attachments

• Resized_20180702_201325_1422.jpeg
    Resized_20180702_201325_1422.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 23
Hey Scrimmy how much line do you let out after the 3 core before adding your snap weight? What size of snap weight do you normally use?
50 feet and it varies as to how much weight. I start with 1/2 oz and go up from there until I get hits

Those walleye in the 15 pound range are unreal ! Great catches guys. Scrimmy ! Thanks for the info on the snap weights. I have 6 colour and need to get it down to 40 - 45 feet and was planning on putting on a 2 oz snapweight. I have been told that you normally put on 1 oz per colour. So, 1 oz for every 5 feet you want to go down. Does this sound right?

Can I get a photo of the snap weights you speak of?

These Off shore kits are very good but if you go to Lambeth Rod and Tackle or Angling Outfitters in Woodstock you can make your own kits for much cheaper. Just buy the red releases (OR16) and then buy an assortment of weights and build your own custom kits.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks