sylvan.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Trophyontrailer.JPG
    Trophyontrailer.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 142
  • starcraft.jpg
    starcraft.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 157
I sold it to a man and his son and I delivered it to Port Burwell a few years ago. After that I kept getting nasty calls about the boat blocking people from the harbour and what not. I told the buyer to remove my name and numbers off the boat so I did not get anymore nasty calls, The last call I remember was when I was running a charter out of Glasgow in the Sylvan I got a call telling me to move the Trophy out of the way so "I need to get into the harbour" . I told him I was running a charter out of Port Glasgow at the time and I no longer owned the Trophy. He said well your cell number is on the side of your boat and he hung up. I called the guy who bought the boat and asked him again to take the numbers and Scrimmy's Sportfishing off the boat

I sold it to a man and his son and I delivered it to Port Burwell a few years ago. After that I kept getting nasty calls about the boat blocking people from the harbour and what not. I told the buyer to remove my name and numbers off the boat so I did not get anymore nasty calls, The last call I remember was when I was running a charter out of Glasgow in the Sylvan I got a call telling me to move the Trophy out of the way so "I need to get into the harbour" . I told him I was running a charter out of Port Glasgow at the time and I no longer owned the Trophy. He said well your cell number is on the side of your boat and he hung up. I called the guy who bought the boat and asked him again to take the numbers and Scrimmy's Sportfishing off the boat
Name is still on it

I would go paint a black strip over the name and number lol

Still has whale bone on it can’t see anything else

I did like the Islander and I almost got another one this year. For 2 or 3 anglers you can't beat it. 3 litre 4 cylinder is very cheap on gas but if you have a heavy load you should consider trim tabs to get it up on plane a bit better. I sometimes regret selling her. I sold her to a grandfather from New York who drove all the way up to London to buy her. I just got it the way I wanted and he was one of my charter customers and offered me a sum I could not refuse. He uses the boat in Lake Ontario and Lake Champlain and sends me pictures of his gran kids and the fish they catch.

Whalebone 2 was parked directly behind me at Burwell last year. I am sure if you seen her now @scrimmy you would be very disappointed..

Yes Wave Runner the Sylvan was a 23 foot Offshore. It did not ride as well as the Trophy but burned about 1/2 the fuel the Trophy did. It was very easy to pull and I could pull it with my FJ cruiser with no problem. It was my last of 5 charter boats before I retired from chartering. The Sylvan now resides in Lake St. Clair and is now a musky boat

Back