Fishing Report Live from Burwell - July 4

Time to recap.

My neighbour, @scoop! and I headed out to see if we could UP the results of the last trip to Burwell.

Same water basically as the two prior trips. This could turn out to be a great stretch of water. Here's hoping. LOL

@scoop! brought 3 braid setups to run "HotLips" off my big boards. Neighbour and I ran dipsys and rigger with slider.

Straight up, rigger and slider were a complete bust. Pulled it and put it away early.

Dipsys performed well on short leads early and longer leads as the day went on.

Fish into the boat, big boards and HotLips, seven Walleye including the two big ones.

Dipsys, six Walleye, two Rainbow, two Silver Bass, and two :poop:heads.

So fourteen Walleye and two Rainbow. Everything that got a hook stuck in it made it into the boat. The largest was a close call but as my neighbour and @scoop! ran out of options, I grabbed the braid and pulled on it to get the big girl further into the net.

Smaller lures were more successful than larger.

Here's the cooler

kulr (2).jpg

and the two surgeons at work.

oproom (1).jpg

The cordless knife was forgotten in the vehicle when we headed out so this had to wait until we got home. :eek::oops:

Time to recap.

My neighbour, @scoop! and I headed out to see if we could UP the results of the last trip to Burwell.

Same water basically as the two prior trips. This could turn out to be a great stretch of water. Here's hoping. LOL

@scoop! brought 3 braid setups to run "HotLips" off my big boards. Neighbour and I ran dipsys and rigger with slider.

Straight up, rigger and slider were a complete bust. Pulled it and put it away early.

Dipsys performed well on short leads early and longer leads as the day went on.

Fish into the boat, big boards and HotLips, seven Walleye including the two big ones.

Dipsys, six Walleye, two Rainbow, two Silver Bass, and two :poop:heads.

So fourteen Walleye and two Rainbow. Everything that got a hook stuck in it made it into the boat. The largest was a close call but as my neighbour and @scoop! ran out of options, I grabbed the braid and pulled on it to get the big girl further into the net.

Smaller lures were more successful than larger.

Here's the cooler

View attachment 44653

and the two surgeons at work.

View attachment 44654

The cordless knife was forgotten in the vehicle when we headed out so this had to wait until we got home. :eek::oops:
Good fishing. Looks like a great day

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks