Tree Rod Holders

BigDogg

Been out of the trade for a few years now. Had some scrap material laying around, so decided to dust off the welding helmet and make me a set of Rod Tree Holders. Not as professional as I would like to have ended up with, but definitely not going to complain on the outcome. Now to try them out.

Attachments

• 20210629_173301.jpg
    20210629_173301.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 20210627_171349.jpg
    20210627_171349.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 136
Been out of the trade for a few years now. Had some scrap material laying around, so decided to dust off the welding helmet and make me a set of Rod Tree Holders. Not as professional as I would like to have ended up with, but definitely not going to complain on the outcome. Now to try them out.
Nothing wrong with those, looks great

Well if that's a not as professional job I'd like to see your better work...those are awesome!!
Are they aluminum? Id love to learn to weld aluminum but I only stick weld. Can I use a mig?

Well if that's a not as professional job I'd like to see your better work...those are awesome!!
Are they aluminum? Id love to learn to weld aluminum but I only stick weld. Can I use a mig?
These are stainless steel, its the welding that I am not happy with, and I could have made a bit better design as well.

@DaveJ if your mig is able to weld aluminum, then yes you can. But you will need the aluminum spool gun and argon gas. My Miller welder is capable of welding steel, stainless steel and aluminum which I’m all set to do. I recently sold my Tig welder and now wish I had never done that. My favourite machine for fabrication is my plasma cutter.
@BigDogg they look great and should do the job very well.

These are stainless steel, its the welding that I am not happy with, and I could have made a bit better design as well.
I think you're just an old perfectionist fuss pot. They're only going to get covered in fish slime anyway and besides we all think you did a great job. (y)

I was doing the same today LOL.Just getting ready to put on some paint to cover grinder marks .

Attachments

• rod tree.jpeg
    rod tree.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 14
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks