Luck in Stanley-July 1

Out of P. Stanley July 1; started around 8, fished for a few hours, kept 11, lost a half dozen. 62-70 fow. Talked to few other guys while waiting at the donkey launch and seemed to be a good day all around! Not a drop of wind out past 66 fow, but rough as heck from 50-launch.

Attachments

• B166DD48-58F9-4557-8B99-03B9BDA85804.jpeg
    B166DD48-58F9-4557-8B99-03B9BDA85804.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 84
Out of P. Stanley July 1; started around 8, fished for a few hours, kept 11, lost a half dozen. 62-70 fow. Talked to few other guys while waiting at the donkey launch and seemed to be a good day all around! Not a drop of wind out past 66 fow, but rough as heck from 50-launch.

running 2 poles with dipsees, variety of spoons and RRF’s.

Hey Masterbaiter. We talked at the launch. We came in behind you. Yes the launch was brutal again. The parking meter did not work so I think people were taking forever figuring out what to do before they moved there boat from the launch. We waited almost an hour to get out. In the morning we put a note on the dash saying the meter wasn't working but we still got a $35 ticket. I guess the meter maid can't read or doesn't care. Lol. I'm going to call Elgin County Licensing Department today to see what I can do. Your wife told me that parking is now $30 this year. Wow. Have to pay for the bridge work I guess. Lol.

We didn't do as well as you guys. Only got 6 eyes lost 1 rainbow at the boat and a few sheephead. Bunch of knockoffs as well. Nothing on dipseys. Riggers did all the damage with 15ft of line out behind the ball and one spoon got 90% of the fish. Copper back, black dots on one half and pink on the other. But we didn't go out as far as you did. 65-68 fow down 40-55 ft. Speed 2.5.

Hey Masterbaiter. We talked at the launch. We came in behind you. Yes the launch was brutal again. The parking meter did not work so I think people were taking forever figuring out what to do before they moved there boat from the launch. We waited almost an hour to get out. In the morning we put a note on the dash saying the meter wasn't working but we still got a $35 ticket. I guess the meter maid can't read or doesn't care. Lol. I'm going to call Elgin County Licensing Department today to see what I can do. Your wife told me that parking is now $30 this year. Wow. Have to pay for the bridge work I guess. Lol.

We didn't do as well as you guys. Only got 6 eyes lost 1 rainbow at the boat and a few sheephead. Bunch of knockoffs as well. Nothing on dipseys. Riggers did all the damage with 15ft of line out behind the ball and one spoon got 90% of the fish. Copper back, black dots on one half and pink on the other. But we didn't go out as far as you did. 65-68 fow down 40-55 ft. Speed 2.5.
Hey there! That meter hasn’t worked in years, so silly. They made it so you pay online with the Honk App, problem is I don’t think there’s many signs to tell people that!

The $30 should cover an attendant to keep traffic flowing, or assist with those that have waited to take straps and covers off boats until they’ve backed onto the ramp. Of course a separate sea doo launch would also be a benefit !

I called the township. They said parking has been an issue and it was $20. So not sure what it is. I have sent off an email to dispute the ticket. I am going to start a new thread with the form that is required to dispute it for others that got tickets.
Nice fish BTW. Glad you, your wife and daugther got into them. I have read a lot of other reports and everyone else said it was really slow. I think the storms have stirred things up. Glad we went out further to get out of the rough waters in closer. That was really weird. Never have I seen that before.

hey masterbaiter good fishing my buddy and I went to Leamington on Thursday caught a limit and released a limit lots of fish marking in 36 ft of water

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks