DownRigger rigging

Picked up this rigger for a smoking deal on marketplace. I normally use dipsys and lead but thought I’d add this to the mix. Just wondering where you guys think the best place to mount it is? Thanks!

Attachments

• ED41FF8A-B978-4395-AA4A-39742A497BBC.jpeg
    ED41FF8A-B978-4395-AA4A-39742A497BBC.jpeg
    389.5 KB · Views: 103
I'd put it in the back, but not too far back so that you would have a comfortable access to retrieve the downrigger weight etc. Probably just behind your rear rod holder or between the rod holders.

Take everything between A and B off and rig up a track system it that spot. Traxtech or something like that. Then you can move everything forward and back, as well as easily remove things as much as you like. Takes a little rigging but you'll be glad you did it.

consider a swivel base. Allows you to swing the rigger out or in to attach line etc. allows to move it out to bring fish in the back when netting. Also take a look at chamberlain releases. I used Scottie’s for the first year switched to chamberlain the second, fell in love and never looked back.

Rick

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks