Off Topic Expire on extinguisher?

I ca
I've even thought of adding some hand held flares as they last much longer.

If need be (God forbid) fire off the aerial to get attention and then the hand held to help with the focal point.
I carry both in the boat just in case. Alot easier to find us in the bush.

I had a long expired fire extinguisher laying around for who knows how long so I thought I would take into the back field and see if it would still work. I pointed it at the ground and emptied it, to my surprise I couldn't even see my house. That may not be the case with all but it sure shocked the heck out me. :jawdrop:
I had an older extinguisher that the needle was in the red so i thought I would try it and to my surprise it worked just fine.

The only problem is if you really needed it you can bet your booties it wouldn't. 😬

Some of the best training I got was at Petro Canada putting out deliberately set Oil Fires.

Some fires were for individuals, others were for pairs, trios, etc. Single fires, fires within fires.

What an adrenaline rush, especially when reignition took place solely due to heat. :eek::oops:😁🤪

I've even thought of adding some hand held flares as they last much longer.

If need be (God forbid) fire off the aerial to get attention and then the hand held to help with the focal point.
I added flares, cause ya never know when the battery is gonna die in that flashlight that never gets used.
SO thought flares would cover me encase of corroded battery syndrome.
Never thought flares could expire..... I guess there's just no substitute for routinely checking your gear.

One at crappy tire is 2lb aswell
What’s the difference?? C53B4CEB-FE46-4539-B3FF-7771C87D04A1.jpeg

There is no difference I don’t need to buy this

looking closer at mine that I already own is a 2lb 5 BC

which is the same thing as the marine one at crappy tire

DC2C2F73-74DA-481B-860A-BB904195399B.png

My experience with fire extinguishers is, the ones for boat are powder base.
I just got trained by the fire department on fire safety,
They say each time you go out on your boat you should always shake up the extinguisher to free up the powder, as all the bumps on the road and waves will pack it down and render it 50% effective.
I was wondering if this is true, so i did the test,
took last years extinguisher and pulled the pin and went to empty it in fire pit, and .............. Nothing came out, except a small fart cloud of powder and that was it. i never shook that extinguisher.
I took the new one i bought , shook it each time i've been out, also pulled the pin and fired it in fire pit, and all the powder came firing out.
All extinguishers were 100% charged and in the green zone.
I learned a good lesson right there.

My experience with fire extinguishers is, the ones for boat are powder base.
I just got trained by the fire department on fire safety,
They say each time you go out on your boat you should always shake up the extinguisher to free up the powder, as all the bumps on the road and waves will pack it down and render it 50% effective.
I was wondering if this is true, so i did the test,
took last years extinguisher and pulled the pin and went to empty it in fire pit, and .............. Nothing came out, except a small fart cloud of powder and that was it. i never shook that extinguisher.
I took the new one i bought , shook it each time i've been out, also pulled the pin and fired it in fire pit, and all the powder came firing out.
All extinguishers were 100% charged and in the green zone.
I learned a good lesson right there.
When I was on safety committee in a, factory we had to turn them upside down and smack the bottom with a rubber mallet to suspend the powder.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks